Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hankins-Sanford sees a lot to like with Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
h2
{margin-top:12.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:3.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
page-break-after:avoid;
font-size:14.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
font-weight:bold;
font-style:italic;
}
a:link
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
.auto-style2 {
text-align: left;
}
Hankins-Sanford sees a lot to like with Gamecocks

SPORTSTALK October 26, 202
daniel-hankins-sanford2.png
6-8 Daniel Hankins-Sanford of Charlotte is a top target for USC basketball coach Frank Martin and assistant coach Brian Steele as the November signing period approaches. Hankins-Sanford has narrowed his decision to the Gamecocks, Georgia Southern and ETSU. He made official visits to all three, with the Gamecock visit coming the weekend of the Vanderbilt football game.

“The visit was great.  I liked the environment, I liked the town,” Hankins-Sanford said.  “They look forward to Gamecock basketball.”

Hankins-Sanford also got the chance to watch the Gamecocks practice.

“I feel like I fit in his (Martin’s) system.  I feel like I fit in what he’s trying to do over there at South Carolina.  He’s a great coach, somebody that I have I trust in. I know I can meet the demands on the defensive end, that’s not a concern. The offensive game is not a concern either.  Just a little touching up on areas here and there.  I’ve been working on staying balance on my shot, ball-handling and being consistent.  I can knock the three down.  I’ve got the outside game, and the mid-range is there.  It’s just staying consistent with everything.”

Hankins-Sanford has not set a date for a decision, though he wants to get it done before his season starts November 22nd. He’s also not sure if he’ll sign in November.

“I’m keeping my recruiting a hundred percent open,” Hankins-Sanford said.  “I’m not leaning towards anyone just yet.  I talked with coach Brian Steele (Monday around 4:00 PM) on South Carolina’s standpoint with the recruiting, so they’ve got a good understanding.  I talk to coach Steele pretty often.  I feel like they are on me pretty well.”

Last season Hankins-Sanford averaged over 22 points and 10 rebounds per game.