Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiking deaths...kind of a vent thread. :(

There most likely will be some hiking deaths from Hilary out west.

If you just think about the guy in the video from Joshua Tree NP that I posted and multiply that by a good bit.

So many people build homes where they shouldn't be allowed to in the canyons and flood plains out there, too.

Lake Meade is probably going to rise a good bit. So there is a positive there.

There most likely will be some hiking deaths from Hilary out west.

If you just think about the guy in the video from Joshua Tree NP that I posted and multiply that by a good bit.

So many people build homes where they shouldn't be allowed to in the canyons and flood plains out there, too.

Lake Meade is probably going to rise a good bit. So there is a positive there.
I see all the pictures of people out there driving through flooded streets. That's a great way to get into trouble as well.Takes surprisingly little water to float a car and be swept away.

Palm Desert, CA.

From the Burning Man mosh pit. This video shows the depth of participation and it makes you wonder if there is a core that stays out there year-round.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6INIzHP3Q-o

I think the more experienced participants that didn't have to get back to work right away and just let the mud dry out fared much better overall.