Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holding

Longhaul

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
How many holding calls did Vanderbilt get yesterday?  I felt like the calls were very lopsided in that category.  I saw several blatant holds on Vanderbilt that were in clear view and never called.  

How many holding calls did Vanderbilt get yesterday?  I felt like the calls were very lopsided in that category.  I saw several blatant holds on Vanderbilt that were in clear view and never called.  
I thought so as well.  There was also one occasion where the 40 second clock hit zero before the snap and nothing was called.

Honestly, when you get a rep for being a high-penalty team, the refs see it all. And we have that. We were penalized more than 3 times as much as Vandy yesterday and for the season more than twice as much as our opponents ... and the reality is that while Vandy prolly got away with a few, so did we. It's just super frustrating to always be the team that is less fundamentally sound than our opponents, week after week.

Honestly, when you get a rep for being a high-penalty team, the refs see it all. And we have that. We were penalized more than 3 times as much as Vandy yesterday and for the season more than twice as much as our opponents ... and the reality is that while Vandy prolly got away with a few, so did we. It's just super frustrating to always be the team that is less fundamentally sound than our opponents, week after week.
Probably has something to do with our talent level.  Get beat and you're more likely to resort to holding.  Drives me crazy cause lots of times it wasn't necessary because it doesn't even effect the play.