Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IF Tony Elliot gets any of the three jobs he is a finalist for, has to help with Williams?

Swayin

Fanatics Cash
Irmo 4-star WR Antonio Williams is down to us and the Taters, who offered late ... if Elliott goes, it has to help us.

I only knew of Virginia and Duke, what's the 3rd one?  

Elliott to UVA?

Sources: Virginia has returned its focus to Tony Elliott and the Clemson assistant would prefer that to interest from Duke. Nothing done, but this could accelerate today.

— Pat Forde (@ByPatForde) December 8, 2021

This guy staying Elliott most likely will be the new headman at UVA.

Just received a text from #PennState co-defensive coordinator Anthony Poindexter: "Timing is everything for both sides. There will be a day, but I'm going to stay at Penn State."

— Adam Rittenberg (@ESPNRittenberg) December 8, 2021

Clemson OC Tony Elliott is meeting with @UVAFootball officials today and has emerged as the top candidate for the Cavaliers' head coaching job, sources tell ESPN. https://t.co/MPIY8fk7lt

— Chris Low (@ClowESPN) December 8, 2021

Last edited by a moderator:
One 'down' season and the rats sure are leaving the ship. Are the taters sinking? Are they all trying to cash in while they can?

What's Dabo going to do?

One 'down' season and the rats sure are leaving the ship. Are the taters sinking? Are they all trying to cash in while they can?

What's Dabo going to do?
Perspective.  They won 10 games lol, which is one less win than our best seasons ever.   I know it is not up to their recent standard, but their fans are incredibly spoiled now, much like any fan base would be I guess.  I have friends that grew up and played ball with Elliot and he's always wanted to be a head coach.  I think he wanted the experience of running the offense alone before he made the jump.  He is an incredibly bright guy and showed he can adjust during the course of this season. The most interesting and unexpected move to me was the AD leaving.  I think he probably thought his stock would not get any higher and made a financial decision.  

Say what you want, I have a ton of respect for Tony Elliott...walk on at clemson who was elevated to team captain....engineering degree  and along the way won a broyles award!  I think that UVa would be a good landing spot for him

Anyhow Elliott is gone to UVA and did not make a difference.

Anyhow Elliott is gone to UVA and did not make a difference.
Yep.

Virginia has hired Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott as its next football coach, the university announced on Friday. Elliott replaces Bronco Mendenhall, who resigned last week after six seasons leading the program. Elliott, 42, has been with Clemson since 2011 and won the Broyles Award in 2017 as the nation's top assistant coach.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/virginia-hires-tony-elliott-as-coach-clemson-loses-offensive-coordinator-as-hoos-replace-bronco-mendenhall/

Clemson has lost their AD, DC and OC all at the same time to better jobs.  Don't think I have ever seen that one before, at least none that I can remember.

This is definitely gut-check time for Dabo.  Will he be the next one to find greener grass?

And let me add they have lost 5 players in 5 days that are 4 and 5 star players. Could not happen to a better bunch in Dung Valley...

The hits keep on coming. Oklahoma's Brent Venables hires Clemson defensive analyst as coordinator :thumbs-up-hand-gesture-smiley-small:  About AW  like I said wish him the best no need to go goggog about the kid we will be just fine.

Urban Meyer’s first season in the NFL is not going well.

That’s true both on the field and off; Meyer’s Jaguars are 2-10 and Meyer was the subject of an embarrassing incident early this season when he was caught on video dancing intimately with a woman who is not his wife. And it has apparently not gotten better more recently.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, Meyer has been involved in ugly incidents at the team facility within the last two weeks.

One incident involved a heated argument between Meyer and veteran receiver Marvin Jones, who was so angry with Meyer that he left the team facility and had to be convinced to return by other staff members.

Another incident featured a staff meeting that had Meyer ripping into his assistant coaches, calling them losers and asking them to explain what they’ve ever won.

The report also casts doubt on Meyer’s claim that he wasn’t behind the benching of running back James Robinson last week and that Meyer delegates the running back rotation to his staff. According to the report, it was actually Meyer who ordered Robinson’s benching after a fumble. Robinson later went back into the game because quarterback Trevor Lawrence questioned Meyer on the sideline about why the team’s leading rusher wasn’t playing.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/11/report-urban-meyer-had-heated-argument-with-marvin-jones-called-his-assistant-coaches-losers/

Dabo to Jax instead of Da Raidas perhaps?