Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official: ACC to add Cal, Stanford, and SMU

Wake vs Cal and SMU vs BC are about as entertaining as GT vs Syracuse. Do sky mile rewards count toward NIL deals? All about trying to save the acc and those three schools grasping at straws to find some sort of relevance. Weakens the already soft FB image. Does nothing for basketball. Non revenue sports? How will they exist in mid week games with hours of driving then hours long cross country flights? Dabo recently complaining about the visitors facilities at Duke. He has to love this. Maybe that's the upside?

I wonder what happens to the sports for the Pac12 teams that the ACC doesn't support? Pretty sure the ACC doesn't support fencing, rowing, water polo or beach volleyball.

I wonder what happens to the sports for the Pac12 teams that the ACC doesn't support? Pretty sure the ACC doesn't support fencing, rowing, water polo or beach volleyball.
I believe the NCAA allows some sports to be in different conferences for that reason.

If Carolina decided to have a hockey program, it would need to be in a conference other than the SEC for the obvious reasons.

I imagine the sports you listed above would be allowed to remain in the PAC 12 for the same reason.

Last edited:
I think Rick Pitino has the right idea about college football. College football needs to break away from the conference structure and become the separate entity that it really already is. Leave all of the other sports in a regional conference structure like it used to be.