Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Bentley moving on to finish his career as a graduate transfer 

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Jake Bentley moving on to finish his career as a graduate transfer 

Dec. 02, 2019, | GCF Staff Report

South Carolina football was the place Jake Bentley grew from a freshman forced to play a year too early into a prolific SEC passer. Now he’s moving on to finish that career as a graduate transfer, meaning he’ll be eligible to play right away at whatever college he chooses. Bentley announced the news Monday, two days after the Gamecocks’ 2019 season wrapped up. (VIEW ARTICLE)

Last edited by a moderator:
A tale of two QBs.

Experienced and successful QB1 goes down in Game 1.

True FR QB2 is forced to play a year too soon and plays most of the season with a painful and risky knee injury suffered in a game where we beat a top-ranked UGA team.

Rather than come back and compete with QB2 to make us a better team, QB1 decides to hit the road and leave his teammates in the lurch next season.

Hit the road, QB1.  Just make sure you get my order right in the drive-thru in the next life.  This fan who used to support you no longer does.

Get well soon, new QB1, and...Go Cocks!

A tale of two QBs.

Experienced and successful QB1 goes down in Game 1.

True FR QB2 is forced to play a year too soon and plays most of the season with a painful and risky knee injury suffered in a game where we beat a top-ranked UGA team.

Rather than come back and compete with QB2 to make us a better team, QB1 decides to hit the road and leave his teammates in the lurch next season.

Hit the road, QB1.  Just make sure you get my order right in the drive-thru in the next life.  This fan who used to support you no longer does.

Get well soon, new QB1, and...Go Cocks!
All I’m going to say is...REALLY??

nerf you went full skip bayless on us.  i personally would have liked for him to come back to give us at the very least another option but i dont begrudge him for leaving because a lot of the fan base was ready to kick him to the curb after unc with or without injury.  at some point you have to look out for yourself and your own long term goals.  does he end up on a highly ranked team that is losing their qb or a situation where the starting job is pretty much being given to him. 

Jake hasn't always delivered the best results but I've always supported him due mostly to the level of coaching he was getting here and the team deficiencies around him.  He has always delivered maximum effort.  Still, and he would admit, he missed on many throws and made some questionable decisions.  The nature of that position is one where mistakes are most critical and most magnified but he has owned them.  I have always viewed him as the ultimate teammate and a genuine hard worker for the team. Off the field he has been what a student athlete should be.  On it a leader.  I do question his leadership and teammate qualities now by making the decision to move on.  Facts may come out later that change my opinion of this decision but I wish him luck and thank him for being a Gamecock.

Jake has done nothing but represent the University with class the entire time he has been here.  I wish him well and hope he is successful with whatever path he chooses in life.  

Jake and the team are better off with this decision.  Jake didn't progress as much as most thought he would so maybe he can do that under a new system.  I also don't see him being any better than a healthy Ryan next year under the same circumstances. 

I hate that his career at USC ended the way it did. I really wanted him to have a big year, with a big win or two, and make his legacy something other than "classy guy that had a lot of talent, but never really progressed like he should." It probably is better for both him and the program to move on. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.