Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimbo Fisher deal or no deal for A&M?

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
t's interesting to note that, through 50 games, as head coach at A&M Fisher has a 35-15 record. Kevin Sumlin had a 36-14 record that put him firmly on the heat seat. The big difference, of course, is that A&M is paying a boat load of cash to Fisher with his fully guaranteed contract. Sumlin was making $5 million/year. Jimbo is making north of $9 million for essentially the same results.

App St. went out against that wrecking crew defense and had 315 yards and 22 first downs and held the ball for 41 minutes. A&M put up 186 yards, 9 first downs and held the ball for 18 minute

t's interesting to note that, through 50 games, as head coach at A&M Fisher has a 35-15 record. Kevin Sumlin had a 36-14 record that put him firmly on the heat seat. The big difference, of course, is that A&M is paying a boat load of cash to Fisher with his fully guaranteed contract. Sumlin was making $5 million/year. Jimbo is making north of $9 million for essentially the same results.

Plus he contract is for like another 10 years They are stuck with him or owe him a boatload.

Last edited:
Wow...

if there is a school that can afford to buy someone out of a crappy contract it is Texas AM...I think that once all this NIL money gets going, he will have a juggernaut (or at least TAMU will)...I think that he keeps his job at least until Texas joins the SEC and then if they lose, he will be gone...I do like that at least the school knows where it stands having ATM on the side of their helmets

He is bringing in talent but it's not necessarily translating to winning big like they want, expect and are paying the $ for. If they get rid of him now or anytime in the near future, they probably derail that recruiting machine at least momentarily. Then they're stuck with trying to make another splash type hire. I feel very little pity for any of the bigger programs in their struggles, just wish we could get as much from our program at schools like App St have for years now.

if there is a school that can afford to buy someone out of a crappy contract it is Texas AM...I think that once all this NIL money gets going, he will have a juggernaut (or at least TAMU will)...I think that he keeps his job at least until Texas joins the SEC and then if they lose, he will be gone...I do like that at least the school knows where it stands having ATM on the side of their helmets
LOL ATM Like to have access to that.