Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joyner enjoys Carolina cookout

BadCock

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Class of 2018 quarterback Dakereon Joyner (North Charleston, S.C./Fort Dorchester) attended South Carolina's "Spurs Up" Cookout on Saturday and the Gamecocks continue to establish great momentum with him.

"I guess you could say that I am really feeling it right now," Joyner said. "I spent all day with (USC co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach) Kurt Roper and spent a lot of time with (Gamecocks head coach) Will Muschamp. (Muschamp) told me that at the end of the day, he wants me to be the quarterback at South Carolina. That meant a lot to me as far as them wanting me to play quarterback, which is what I want to do."

South Carolina's momentum with the four-star prospect began when Muschamp and staff took over. The Gamecocks re-offered him as a quarterback and have been recruiting him hard ever since.

"It all started then," he said. "And since that point, they have been

Clemson, which was the early favorite, has offered Joyner as an athlete/safety.

"I don't feel good at all about it," Joyner said. "My mindset was to go to their camp and get the offer as a quarterback, but we played and I showed them my athletic ability."

Joyner didn't come out and say South Carolina was his leader, but he did mention the Gamecocks first, followed by Clemson, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech and a host of others when talking about which program was recruiting him the hardest.

Time will tell if Joyner, who is one of the most electric offensive playmakers on the high school football field in the state of South Carolina, ends up heading to USC, but at this point, the Gamecocks appear to be in excellent shape to land a highly-regarded player out of Fort Dorchester for the first time in a long time.

Joyner is a four-star prospect and No. 7 overall in the state of South Carolina for the Class of 2018 according to 247Sports Composite rankings.

True
default_biggrin.png