Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just curious (on potential transfer)

doublea1971

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
There was talk about Max Klesmit, and he has the Gamecocks listed in his final 4 teams he's considering. I'm curious as to other's thoughts on him.

There's a lot to like there, and he torched us for 27 points (8-10 FG/5-7 3pt./6-6 FT) vs. the Frank Martin-led Gamecocks back in November, in an early-season win for the Gamecocks in 2021-22. His numbers at Wofford last season are quite good in the SoCon schedule, and overall he averaged the second most minutes on the team (likely because he missed one game), had an almost .500 FG%, launched 200 3PT shots (and made 34% of them), was an .837 FT%, and averaged 14.9PPG. Other stats: Asst/Turnover = 60/65, Steals=50 (team high), and 3 blocks.

There's a LOT to like in his play. He's certainly going to give you a lot of shooting, he's quick, and he's going to get to the FT line a lot. The turnovers seem to be a worrisome thing (though since he logged an almost-team high in minutes, his coach at Wofford might disagree).

What do y'all think about this potential transfer? He's one that I think would quickly become a fan fave, and might have a skillset that matches the style in the SEC. IDK. He put up some good numbers against us, Clemson, and UGA.

Love to get others thoughts.

The smartass answer is with him and Brown, we should have a pretty good SoCon team next year.

The real answer is there is some legit talent in the Southern Conference, and we have big holes to fill. He's a known talent to Coach Paris, so I'll trust the coach for now. New coach and the long delay in finalizing a staff -- this year was always going to be a struggle for recruits. Similar situation to Coach Beamer's first class.