Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady Gamecocks vs. Iowa Hawkeyes

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Most media want to talk about Caitkin Clark and how good a player she is this year. Against Louisville she scored 41 points and had 8 of 14 3's. Yes she had a really good game but, I just feel Iowa is getting too much hype.

They lost to Kansas St., UConn, NC St., Illinois, Indiana, and Maryland. That is why they were not a #1 seed. All teams that our girls have proved they can beat even multiple times.

I just feel when Iowa is faced with our Defense, all that hype will go out the door. When Clark has to face 6' tall Guards like Brea Beal that love to block shots, they will realize they have met their toughest match yet. This year our girls have 315 blocks. 9 per game. The closest is Stanford at 251 / 7.2 per game.

We have averaged 36.4 Bench points per game. More than any other team. Iowa is not even listed in the top 50. We will wear them down just like we do all the other teams.

I think tomorrow night will be a really good game. They will probably play tough like Maryland did last night. But it the end they will get into foul trouble like Maryland did and they will see there is way more to it than just hitting a bunch of 3's which will be much harder for them this game. Don't be surprised if Dawn doesn't have several fast breaks planned for when they miss those 3's.

Like I read somewhere yesterday, Dawn has developed a Dynasty here. They will just prove it some more Friday night.

I agree, cover Clark like a blanket and force her to pass to her teammates. They won't be able to score on our defense as easily as they have scored on other smaller teams.

Yes, wear them down. Iowa's been using a 6 or 7 player rotation the last few games. Make them work and wear them down. I don't think they can sustain anything for a full game against our tenacious defense.

After studying this game some more, I believe ESPN is trying to sell all the coverage that they can. Make it sound like it will be a very close hard-fought game.
It could be, but I do not think it will be.
For a short there, the 1st QTR. I thought Maryland was going to be a tougher game. Then our girls turned that around by playing their game but playing it even better than they did.
I really think a rematch with LSU will be a good game, but they may not get by VT.

Iowa's defense is ranked # 307 FWIW.
I knew they were not a great defensive team, but I didn't realize they were that low. With our size and talent, we should be able to put up a lot of points on them. I wonder if this is a game where you make Clark play hero ball to beat you? If we defend her the best we can and shut down everybody else, I think we win by a significant margin.

The Final Four has become the standard with Dawn's recent teams to the point where I don't really watch the other previous games because we are so good the past few years. I always assume we are going to get the win, even in a close game or one that we fall behind in.

Two things come to mind. First, to quote Lombardi "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships" The other is when one of the ladies on the half time show was asked if anyone could stay with the Gamecocks, she yes for 3 quarters, then the Gamecocks will pull away, so no, no one can stay with the Gamecocks for a whole game. Anything can happen from having an off day to the officials making bad calls, but I hope they put it together again and win another championship.

I hope Clark hits a three and pulls that John Cena hand wave in front of the face thing(which she did last game)...and Beale and Cooke takes that personally and shuts her butt up. ESPN has definitely been hyping Iowa and Clark as player of the year, so would love to see SC open a can of whoop ass.

I knew they were not a great defensive team, but I didn't realize they were that low. With our size and talent, we should be able to put up a lot of points on them. I wonder if this is a game where you make Clark play hero ball to beat you? If we defend her the best we can and shut down everybody else, I think we win by a significant margin.
This did not age well. Clark played hero ball and Czinano was an effective secondary option, especially on those pick and rolls.

I feel badly that they were unale to win the championship, but they still had one hell of a good year.