Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest from ATH Vicari Swain

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Latest from ATH Vicari Swain​

SPORTSTALK / August 10, 2022

ATH Vicari Swain of Carrollton, GA is ready to reveal his college choice. Swain, who can play receiver and defensive back in college, will make his commitment announcement at his school Friday afternoon at 3:45 PM. The finalists were USC, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt. Swain said Tuesday night he had made his decision and planned to inform the school today.

1660167203197.png“Relationship with the coaches, relationship with the players, the facilities, the fans and atmosphere,” Swain said in explaining what stood out the most about the winning program. “The coaches were constantly checking on me every day, Facetiming me, texting my mom. They are like family. They stuck with me through the whole way of my recruiting, since the beginning.”

Swain took official visits to USC, Vanderbilt and Maryland in June. He visited Mississippi State unofficially during the last weekend of July. He also visited USC in January.

Swain has previously said he has talked with USC offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield about playing receiver, and with secondary coach Torrian Gray about playing corner and some safety. Vanderbilt coaches have also talked with him about playing both ways. With Mississippi State, he said the conversations have been primarily about playing receiver.

Swain said because of his versatility, his hope is to be able to play and contribute as a freshman at the school he has chosen.

“I can see myself playing early, a little bit, if I’m ready,” Swain said. “They want me to play both sides. I should have a chance to get in on something because they want me to play as an athlete who can do whatever.”

Last season Swain caught 55 passes for 855 yards and 8 touchdowns, and he had 28 total tackles with 6 interceptions.