Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's discuss this ESPNU broadcast

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
I was at the game fill me in on how the ESPNU coverage was on the game.? Heard it was terrible from the announcer down.

Very amateur looking. The color seemed off at times. Sometimes our pants looked white and sometimes more of a cream to yellow. The replays were screwed up, and the announcers seemed like two guys they pulled off the street.

Very amateur looking. The color seemed off at times. Sometimes our pants looked white and sometimes more of a cream to yellow. The replays were screwed up, and the announcers seemed like two guys they pulled off the street.
I heard the commercials overran and miss out on some key plays. Is that true also?

I was at the game fill me in on how the ESPNU coverage was on the game.? Heard it was terrible from the announcer down.
Hey Feathered, since you were at the game, I have a question -- how does the new LED lighting look in person? On Tv, when it goes red, it just looks like it gets dark -- not really seeing the red. On Tv it looks more like dimming of light than a red affect. How's it look live?

Whenever there was a big play, like after the hurdle for the touchdown, they went to commercial. The sounds was off too. One guys mics was way louder then the other one.

Hey Feathered, since you were at the game, I have a question -- how does the new LED lighting look in person? On Tv, when it goes red, it just looks like it gets dark -- not really seeing the red. On Tv it looks more like dimming of light than a red affect. How's it look live?
Awesome man. A lot of the old fogey like me are not fans of the lights. To me like a new girlfriend. Age is only a number. Had a great time in the Cock-pit Willy B great atmosphere without the lights. Lights only add to the recruits' gameday experience. . And on the sound system nice, can you hear me now? Heck yeah!

Commercials constantly overran game play. Announcers were not good. The color commentary guy sounded like a parrot just kept repeating whatever the analyst guy said. It was really bad. Plays you wanted to see a replay of you rarely got to see. It is really no wonder ESPN is losing money hand over fist.

Production was bush league and amateur. Announcers were bad. This is definitely the worst ESPN broadcast I have ever seen.

I have gotten in the habit of listening to Todd and Tommy on the radio while I have WatchESPN on with the sound off.

That way I get the great emotions of Todd and know what's coming on WatchESPN slightly later so I don't miss anything.

I think the slight buffering is what causes the delay for me, but it works pretty good most of the time.

As noted above, it was bad. With the watch espn, you get homers as announcers, but at least they know what is happening. The worst was every time there was a big play they sounded as if they had never been to a major college game. The only thing that made it watchable was the way the Cocks won.