Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video LIVE HERE AT 10:AM ET Coach Beamer Press Conference 12/14/2022

"I talked to a lot of people that were interested in this position ... I could easily go out and hire the hot name," Beamer said.

We're expected to recruit the "hot names" as far as players go, so why shouldn't we expect the same out of coaching hires after a great end to the season.

We will be okay, but a certain amount of criticism is valid. It would be different if this were one of his initial hires when he first got here. Just a different set of expectations this time around.

This is the SEC, the next step away from the NFL in many eyes. Much higher performance standards than the other conferences.

Put a chip on your shoulder, play well in the bowl game and keep moving forward. Earn it. Prove it. That's the best way to shut up the naysayers.

Last edited:
He really is. Seems pissed at all the nay sayers that grabbed a few tidbits of info about DL. I will support him and see how he does.

Shane looked stressed and worn out at the beginning of the presser.

Before he pitched the hire to the BoT, he also had to do that with Tanner and the boosters; had to be pretty stressful.

I have only watched Shane's part of the presser so far, but it seems to me he was tired of butting heads with Satt over game plan complexity and just wants a capable guy who is going to keep things simple when he needs to.

He also seems confident with how he thinks things need to be done to the point of not having Dowell call plays in the bowl game.

Lack of TEs for the bowl game, but CBS just might have a great career game like Kevin Harris did in the Mayo Bowl last year if he's healthy enough. I think Joyner might step up in this bowl game, too. Everything happens for a reason. Cinco's time to shine again for us.

Everybody needs to decompress and focus on winning the bowl game.

Shane was stressed, but Dowell was very knowledgeable and secure in himself. Calming. He's a lot like Clayton and Lembo, which I think is a good thing.

Takeaways:

1. Dowell was frustrated with the moneyball part of the NFL. His game plans might translate better to college ball with the right athletes that he has more control over than he had in the NFL.
2. I tend to think he was attracted to the culture that Shane is building and put his name in the hat rather than Shane picking him out.
3. He understands the people stuff like the other coordinators and Shane.
4. He recognizes the importance of creating space and playing free that has created our success the past two games.
5. Wants to keep it simple and play to his players' strengths when he can.

The hire makes sense once you hear the guy talk. Genuine. Someone you want to play for.

We're good.

Now let's go beat Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Beamer is a guy that does his homework. Gotta trust he knows what will work. He can be fiery when he wants to be. Love that he isn't afraid to take on the critics. Let's go, Gamecocks! Beat the Irish!

The local beat writers know they're going to get some good NFL war stories out of Dowell. LOL