Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Doty

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
I was very impressed with Luke Doty's performance last night.  He reminded me a lot of Connor Shaw. I hate that he finished with an interception, but he is an untested freshman. It's clear to me that right now we need a mobile quarterback. Hill probably is a more accurate passer, but because we are pretty thin at wide receiver he  was not that effective when under pressure.  Once Shi Smith was injured Missouri knew all they had to do was stop Kevin Harris.  Doty's ability to run gave us another option. Who knows what may happen next week against Georgia, but at least the second half last night was entertaining and gives me some hope we'll be able to compete. 

Looking for good things from Doty at QB. Never will understand Hill being number 1. When I found out saw all this happening. Again Champ should have been fired last year if not earlier. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I like Will, but he just was not moving us forward. I think he has brought in some talent, but having only one top flight wide receiver is very telling. If you're going to go with a pro style quarterback, you have to have several good wide outs. However, I think what sealed his fate was the defense. If you're supposed to be a "defensive minded" coach, you simply cannot give up 159 points in three games. Can you imagine what would happen if we played Alabama? 

Who knows who our next coach will be. I hope it's someone who can develop the talent we have and bring in some top shelf receivers. I would love to see Doty have some targets like Edwards, Samuel, Cooper and Jeffrey.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The pass Doty makes on the reverse flea flicker at the end of the first quarter is a great pass.  Off balance scrambling and drops and absolute dime to Muse.   He is a hell of an athlete to make that throw and gives me hope he can evolve into a very dangerous quarterback 

Agreed - there were a ton of reasons we got woodshedded yesterday, but Luke wasn't one of them.

You can win football games with Luke Doty...hire a true offensive/QB guy like Napier...who's team put 70 on the board yesterday...and you have a very real starting point to build around

Luke completed 81.8% of his passes and had a 160.8 passer rating v. UGA. 

This is his first start as a TR FR. Last week was likely his first week ever working with the 1s. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4429079/luke-doty
Looks like they have at least found an QB, he just needs some help , and the spring will help an lot for him. He needs an offensive line and speed guys to go along with the running backs , need speed at wideouts and tall guys.

You can win football games with Luke Doty...hire a true offensive/QB guy like Napier...who's team put 70 on the board yesterday...and you have a very real starting point to build around
Napier , really  Chadwell beat him  Napier will always have to answer to the big boosters  will have to look over shoulder too much no time for coaching at Carolina .  He is not the answer

Agreed - there were a ton of reasons we got woodshedded yesterday, but Luke wasn't one of them.
The reason for the ass whipping was Carolina  does not have the talent and coaches for the SEC in other words you don't have the Jimmy and Joe's you can't play the X'S AND THE O'S .