Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basketball MBB Player Transfers Have Begun

doublea1971

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
It’s being reported that Erik Stevenson is now in the portal, the first player from the Frank Martin-led 2021-22 squad to do so.

I won’t be surprised to see Jermaine Cousinard, Wildens Leveque, and Keyshawn Bryant too far behind.

Up until this year, a player didn't participate in the Senior Day ceremony unless they were actually graduating or leaving to take a shot at the NBA.

I remember hearing on 107.5 during the season that Reese was the only one losing his eligibility, so I was surprised to see so many players listed for the Senior Day game when it happened.

It makes you wonder if they were doing it in case Frank got fired as a show of loyalty if he wasn't going to be around next year, which ended up being the case.

Not sure what will happen, but I think Paris will be able to rope most of them in like Shane did with most of Muschamp's players.

Stevenson was popular with the home crowd, as were the others, so I am sorry to see him leave.

Up until this year, a player didn't participate in the Senior Day ceremony unless they were actually graduating or leaving to take a shot at the NBA.

I remember hearing on 107.5 during the season that Reese was the only one losing his eligibility, so I was surprised to see so many players listed for the Senior Day game when it happened.

It makes you wonder if they were doing it in case Frank got fired as a show of loyalty if he wasn't going to be around next year, which ended up being the case.

Not sure what will happen, but I think Paris will be able to rope most of them in like Shane did with most of Muschamp's players.

Stevenson was popular with the home crowd, as were the others, so I am sorry to see him leave.
His upcoming school will be what? His 4th?

It’s being reported that Erik Stevenson is now in the portal, the first player from the Frank Martin-led 2021-22 squad to do so.
The main reason he transferred here was because of Martin. So it no surprise there.

Erik pulled rebounds when the bigs stopped doing it.

There's a lot of intimidation in the paint by the teams that come into the CLA and he was always the one who stood up to it and went after the players who were doing it to us to the point of Frank having to sit him so he could cool off.

This is a weird time for the players. Hopefully Paris can rope him back in if it's possible to do so.

Look forward to hearing from the players after they meet with Coach Paris and what the outcome of that is as far as players transferring out.

Erik pulled rebounds when the bigs stopped doing it.

There's a lot of intimidation in the paint by the teams that come into the CLA and he was always the one who stood up to it and went after the players who were doing it to us to the point of Frank having to sit him so he could cool off.

This is a weird time for the players. Hopefully Paris can rope him back in if it's possible to do so.
The smart thing to do would be for the players to meet with Coach Paris before entering the portal. Unfortunately people of that age don't always make smart decisions.

The smart thing to do would be for the players to meet with Coach Paris before entering the portal. Unfortunately people of that age don't always make smart decisions.

Correct. We tend to forget these guys are just kids, too.

I didn't really make some of the best decisions in my life when I was that age, either. lj/;

Two for two thus far.....
It’ll be interesting to see if Key sticks around. He’s got the most to gain by having a much improved final season, since he was a fairly serious NBA consideration a few years ago. But going elsewhere could improve his profile as well

Coach Paris has experience with the transfer portal and is recruiting before meeting with the current players, probably smart to give them time to process and him time to put together a staff. Paris has more bells and whistles to recruit with than ever in his life, I'm sure he has a few guys that were out of his league at Chattanooga that he has a good chance to get now and GG Jackson 😉
How many follow Frank?

I thought you get one transfer with no strings attached but the second will require Exception or sitting out a year.
Stevenson used his coming to USC.
Can someone explain the rule.

I thought you get one transfer with no strings attached but the second will require Exception or sitting out a year.
Stevenson used his coming to USC.
Can someone explain the rule.
Stevenson should have a degree after this season. If he does, he can use the grad transfer rule to transfer without penalty.

I was shocked when I saw this going into the Mizzou game because to me it said Frank was going to have to do another full reload next season.

BKC3_1_22_222_1_71.jpg

When you see something like this, doesn't it mean they're gone whether or not Frank is here next season or not?

Did the BoT not see the same thing and be confused as well?

All I know is Frank's teams were weird until the very end and it's time to move on.

I was shocked when I saw this going into the Mizzou game because to me it said Frank was going to have to do another full reload next season.

When you see something like this, doesn't it mean they're gone whether or not Frank is here next season or not?

Did the BoT not see the same thing and be confused as well?

All I know is Frank's teams were weird until the very end and it's time to move on.
It does not mean that at all @kingofnerf. Senior day is literally what it says… those who are In their senior year academically. Some players graduate early (due to having enough classes), and others graduate as grad students who finish their eligibility on the court, though they may still be in pursuit of a degree. This happens every year, but it’s a larger group than normal, so you probably only noticed b/c of that.

The basketball team wasn't exactly world beaters so I'm not too concerned. I'm sure he can find plenty of talent in the portal.

Is it true that a bunch of current players didn't even attend the meeting with the new coach? If so, not very classy in my book. I understand that some knew they were going to transfer anyway, but I think out of respect, you show up.

Is it true that a bunch of current players didn't even attend the meeting with the new coach? If so, not very classy in my book. I understand that some knew they were going to transfer anyway, but I think out of respect, you show up.
I don’t know whether that is true or not.

What I CAN tell you for certain is that I saw most of the players in a pick-up game at the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center about 30-45 minutes after his official announcement as coach (which the players were supposedly at).