Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muschamp updates QB competition

BadCock

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp said there were far more positives than negatives in the play of his three quarterbacks during Saturday's scrimmage, but neither of them did enough to distance themselves.

“In the quarterback situation I thought all three guys did good things, extended drives, made the plays on third downs, took care of the ball,” Muschamp said during his afternoon teleconference. “No one is head and shoulders above anybody right now. We’ll continue to rep the way we’ve been repping and hopefully get this thing resolved before we kickoff on September 1st.”

With the QB reps staying the same, that means senior Perry Orth and freshman Brandon McIlwain will continue to switch first and second team reps every day with freshman Jake Bentley working on learning the offense.

Sunday started week three of fall camp and the Gamecocks have another scrimmage on August 20.

“It’s a closely contested battle. Certainly you would have liked someone go out there and be error free, but we were not as error free as I would have liked at the position,” Muschamp said.

Muschamp said two interceptions were thrown but he declined to answer which of the three quarterbacks was responsible for those interceptions.

“I’m pleased with where we are. There is nothing they did that was not unexpected as far as a negative standpoint," Muschamp said.

The Gamecocks had practice this morning at 9:45 a.m. and will practice again at 6:30 p.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Brandon McIlwain can be the man to lead the team this fall.