Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must do something to recognize WBB

Fanatics Cash
There will be no NCAA champion this year.  While I don't think we should do anything as asinine as FLA did (declare FSU national champion); something needs to be done to recognize this years team.  I am not certain what that looks like but it must be an appropriate (but not asinine) gesture.  

#1 in the polls when the season ended. Football did it that way for years. Not sure what's best. But I agree something should be done to recognize the team. 

1st, Got to find some way to recognize those SR's, Harrigan and Harris. They so deserved the chance to get a second title. They were there to win that first one and both have played tough this year. They both started, scored a whole lot of points (Harris had the highest at 28.7 per game), and played a whole lot of minutes. They will probably both play WNBA but it is a shame if they don't get recognized for this season like they should. I am sure they were getting the younger girls prepped for the championship.

2nd, I hope they pay Dawn any bonus she would have got being she did finish #1. She deserves a raise either way. Her recruiting is out of this world. That's why 3 Freshmen started all year. She has 2 seniors to replace. Would be awesome to see next years team have 2 freshmen and 3 sophomore starters and play as strong as this team. But she has a bench that could be starters anywhere and she gives them enough playing time they will still be recognized by WNBA. She is just an outstanding coach. 

I think they will be recognized eventually, but that would generate some public gatherings which are taboo now.

Hopefully before the school semester is over and the players have gone home.

I'm for putting up a banner the same size as the 2017 Natty. One with a BIG #1in AP and WBCA Coaches polls and the overall record on it.  The ladies should also get championship sized rings w/ #1 on them surrounded by diamonds.  Treat everything as if they won the Natty w/o claiming they won it all.  Raise that banner to the rafters and it will be shown on TV during every game and I guarantee a couple times or more a season, that banner will be a conversation starter for a broadcast team to talk about how great that '19-20 team was, possibly Dawn's best, and what a shame it was that they didn't get to compete for a championship.  USC has to make sure that team's accomplishments  are memorialized b/c the national media isn't going to do it.  In they're minds this was the season of Ionescu and Oregon and what a shame she's leaving Eugene without a NC.