Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Thoughts on Declining the Bowl Game

The Chili Farts Bowl.

LOL

Be nice if we get UVA again and Beamer gets his first win in that scenario.  A win like that would go a long way with the fanbase.

Best shot is Liberty Bowl. Personally a real long shot, but Tanner from what he said today is open if offered. 

Tastylicks said:
a bowl game? don't we only have 2 wins? that would be embarrassing anyway. playoffs are for teams that win
Yeah weird. This dam 2020 has been weird as well. Entirely wacky year hopefully the hire  will turn out positive along with the demise of C-19  will  lead into 2021. Anything better then 2020 anyhow. Bring it on!! Sad to think in 10 months we will have lost close to a half million American. Worst then the losses in WW2. More then any war if I am correct and a lot of wars combine. Such a short period of time wars was over 4 year or more. 10 months will C-19 heart breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chili Farts Bowl.

LOL

Be nice if we get UVA again and Beamer gets his first win in that scenario.  A win like that would go a long way with the fanbase.
He'll be coaching at Oklahoma through the 19th, and then come back to coach a team that he's had 5 days to practice with?  

It'd be nice to get a win, but with the head coach and a skeleton crew coaching staff, I kind of doubt it.

Just baffles me that they would force the kids to play, that has only 2 wins let an small school go that has an winning season .  Beamer needs to work on recruiting and staff for next year.  I just don't think that is the right move the Pres should say no .    I don't see Beamer coaching in that.

Just baffles me that they would force the kids to play, that has only 2 wins let an small school go that has an winning season .  Beamer needs to work on recruiting and staff for next year.  I just don't think that is the right move the Pres should say no .    I don't see Beamer coaching in that.
I'm sure it has to do with the SEC more then what we may want. I think when asked during the presser, Shane said that he would be there to look at the players and coaches, but would not be coaching the game. He would let the current staff coach the game. 

But who knows what's been going on. Haven't heard much about it recently.

LSU just played their get out of bowl season card.

True dat, but a smart move on their part.
IMO, it is pathetic for what they have been accused of to think that this is a viable punishment on their part...it comes across as completely tone deaf

This is the bowl version of disciplining your players by sitting them for the first quarter against Western Kentucky.

LSU just played their get out of bowl season card.
And because of this South Carolina will HAVE to play now due to SEC bowl obligations.

Personally, I love the matchup against Va Tech in Tampa.  It is WACKY that we are talking about a 2-8 team going to a bowl game!

Such is 2020.

The NCAA just continues to allow such BULL to go on,  if that had been U.S.C. they could not wait to slap us with an 2 or 3 year ban.  This is an has been an crazy year for sure, but look at the big ten how do you allow that to go on. I 'll tell you how it's called T.V. market and the ESPN.  To allow the rules to be changed once you have set them is crazy, but the know the market is not there for Indiana, and whoever the other is maybe. So they just opt out for the monies and screw the integrity of the game  . So it's every conference for it's own. 

IT'S  so important for the big ten to get Ohio State in, but I tell you if Notre Dame Beats Clemson they aren't getting in so did any one tell them that.

With that said I 'm just frustrated with the ACC , and big ten and all the others that just cheat to get in .  They must go to an 8 team playoff to be fair with everyone , so we just tell Costal  look you had an good year be happy with an top ten, but you are not going to the playoffs, and  CIN .

What an screwed up system lord.

dumb question about our bowl game.

For the guys who have "Declared for the Draft" like Shi, Jones, Hutcherson, etc.... Can they still opt to play the bowl game or does "Declaring" end their eligibility. 

I think if they haven't signed an agent yet, they can still play, right?

If that were the case, would ya'll want them to stick around and play and do you think they would?

dumb question about our bowl game.

For the guys who have "Declared for the Draft" like Shi, Jones, Hutcherson, etc.... Can they still opt to play the bowl game or does "Declaring" end their eligibility. 

I think if they haven't signed an agent yet, they can still play, right?

If that were the case, would ya'll want them to stick around and play and do you think they would?
Not sure about the eligibility, but assuming they are eligible...here are my thoughts as to why they shouldn't play:

1. We are playing for nothing but pride, there are no final ranking implications, no championship consequences, the only possible benefit is extra practices, and playing time for people we will need next year.  So no reason for them to stick around and limit that learning experience for those that need the reps.

2. Again, the game means literally nothing, so no reason for the player's to risk an injury that may hurt their chances for playing at the next level

I think it depends on if they have chosen an agent and all that - gone beyond the bounds of NCAA rules on amateurism.