Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a riding Lawn mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Can't really afford a lot. Just wondering if anyone had an old extra one around they might part with. Seen some on marketplace but never know weather to trust them. I am sure I should not trust some on here either. I live outside Aiken and don't mind traveling a ways to pick one up if it is a good deal. 803-270-4820 Just real tired of using push mower all last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're still looking, I found one that should be pretty reasonably priced.

iaay6m7.jpg

Anybody have a cordless electric mower they would recommend?  Push, not riding.

I bought an Ego battery operated push mower a couple of years ago, and I don't regret it one bit. I bought it along with an Ego weed eater. I can mow the entire back yard, put the mower's battery on the charger, then weed eat the entire back yard and take a 15 minute break. That's usually just enough time for the battery to fully charge (~30 minutes total). Then I do the front yard and recharge all batteries again so they're ready for next time.

Now I will say that you probably don't want to mow over really overgrown grass with it, but even my previous gas mowers were like that. I also have a rule that I do not mow wet grass, and it's a good rule to follow with this mower as you'll find yourself clearing out caked-on  grass from the underside every 5-10 minutes otherwise. 

Also for reference, my yard is roughly 1/4 acre in total size so I can get by with one recharge halfway through. If you have a larger yard, you might have to recharge more often. I just take the recharge time as my queue to sit down and drink a beer or two.

This one is similar to mine:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-56V-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Electric-Walk-Behind-Push-Mower-Tool-Only-LM2100/206612625

B&D 40V

How big is your yard. 2 batteries work for my yard which is ~.25-.33 acres. Comes with 2 batteries and charger, I bought a third, but I also got the thing dirt cheap. 

I will say I cut my yard using the highest blade height, meaning I dont cut my grass too short. If you choose to go a lower deck height it will take greater battery power and burn through the battery quicker. 

Opps realized over the weekend that its not a 40V, but 60V Black and Decker I have. 

String trimmer and Backpack blower are 40V Dewalt. 

Status
Not open for further replies.