Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 3 Clemson Defeats South Carolina 38-3 With Videos, Stats & More

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Game Recap: Football | 11/30/2019 

No. 3 Clemson Defeats South Carolina 38-3 With Videos, Stats & More

Trevor Lawrence threw for 295 yards and three touchdowns to lead No. 3 Clemson to its 27th straight victory and second consecutive 12-0 regular season with a 38-3 victory over rival South Carolina on Saturday. (VIEW ARTICLE)

I’m out of town, so I didn’t watch the game. When I saw the score, the first thing that popped into my head was “Clemson is overrated if they only beat us by 35.”  I honestly thought they would hang at least 70 on us. 

Agreed. Did not watch the game either. I thought we would get beat by 50 or more.

Our defense is at the minimum somewhat respectable and soMerging to build on. Our offense though... needs a complete overhaul.

Agreed. Did not watch the game either. I thought we would get beat by 50 or more.

Our defense is at the minimum somewhat respectable and soMerging to build on. Our offense though... needs a complete overhaul.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting, too.

The bad thing is we would have struggled to put points on the board if our opponent had been Wofford.

I'm more pessimistic about our football program than I have been since the Brad Scott days. To say there's a talent deficit with our rival is a huge understatement. The difference is stark -  offense, defense and coaching staff. We have a long, long way to go to close that gap. Hilinski has regressed and gives me no hope at all and it looks like we are stuck with a dud of a coach due to our dud of an AD.

For what it's worth, which isn't very much, but I sat through every single second of the 63-17 bullshit in 2003. I could not watch much beyond the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter for this game. There are only so many 3 and outs I can stand to watch. If the coaches don't care to call decent plays and the players don't care to execute, then I cannot care to watch. 

The game went how I thought it would.  Our defense played admirably against a juggernaut of an offense.  Our offense was inept as expected.  I thought we played with heart and class.   Clemson was classy too and both teams played with good sportsmanship.  

I think as long as Muschamp is here we don’t need to worry about our defense moving forward.  I think this part of the program is heading in the right direction and will continue to get better, and that’s not a small thing.  We can build a program around a Muschamp defense.  If it were the other way around (offense good, defense bad) I would be much more concerned.  You win in the SEC with defense first.  Everyone should know that.  

The question now is how do we fix our offense?  What’s broken?  To me it starts with the offensive line.  Kentucky just ran up 500+ rushing yards against Louisville with a WR at QB who didn’t even pretend to pass.  Consider that we completely dismantled their offense but yet they went back to the drawing board, mid-season, and revamped everything.  They are 7-5 now and going bowling while we sit at 4-8.  It starts up front on offense and Kentucky has the luxury of a tenured coach who has slowly built that program up year after year.  They have the guys they want that fit.  

Muschamp is about to go on his 3rd coordinator in 3 years here.  There is no continuity.  We can’t make adjustments because we don’t have players that were recruited to one specific scheme on offense.  We’ve recruited all over the place.  If he wants to make a change then that’s fine, but it better be a damn good one that’s going to stick for a while..and fans need to be patient.  If he truly believes in McClendon then that’s his call.  His job depends on it and he knows that.  I don’t care either way.  At least with BM, the guy has been recruiting the players he wants for the last two years and maybe we can start to see some progress.   Either way I don’t care because ultimately Muschamp will either succeed or fail with the decisions he makes about his offense this offseason and none of those decisions involve me.  But one would think the odds would be in his favor...at some point he has to get it right if only out of sheer happenstance.  

In the meantime, thank goodness it appears we will at least have a defense moving forward.  

Absolutely. Clemson's pace of scoring felt deliberate like they were trying to not blow us out for some reason. They were coasting almost. Maybe Dabo wants Muschamp here as much as Tanner does.
I think it had more to do with the fact we effectively shut their running game down.