Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

I just hope people looking at his NFL stats, look.at what he had to work with. None of them were very good teams to begin with. The QBs he had were just able to be NFL caliber. He really liked Connor but he was injured because of the weak OL they had.
You put him here with some of the talent we have and are getting, he might average 40+ ppg.
Just got to give him a chance and quit crucifying him before you even see what he does. I am sure Beamer will be watching him after what we went thru with Satt. Beamer sure don't want that again.

I just hope people looking at his NFL stats, look.at what he had to work with. None of them were very good teams to begin with. The QBs he had were just able to be NFL caliber. He really liked Connor but he was injured because of the weak OL they had.
You put him here with some of the talent we have and are getting, he might average 40+ ppg.
Just got to give him a chance and quit crucifying him before you even see what he does. I am sure Beamer will be watching him after what we went thru with Satt. Beamer sure don't want that again.
I mean, not to be a Debbie downer, but we’re mid level SEC, we won’t have the best talent. For the next few recruiting classes (at the minimum) we’re going to need to rely on scheme to get players open. That’s my biggest concern with his hire.

and he can recruit. Gamecock Nation we all need to get behind the hire and get the best young men out there to come the Gamecock way.

Meh. Except for the last two years at Arkansas has always coached in the NFL, for better or worse.

NFL teams don't really have to recruit because experienced players are always coming to them.

Bobo bolted AFTER the BoT approved Shane's good-faith contract. A different situation, for sure, but an approved contract doesn't really mean that much anymore.

It's not really about what anyone here or elsewhere on the Internet thinks. I will go with how the players handle the hire.

If we see a lot of players bolt before and after the bowl game, it's the wrong move.

Not picking at you at all. Never heard of him before now. I just think he's used to that NFL thing and won't follow through. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam Pittman finds a way to hang onto him, either.

He’s an Arkansas alum, if, and it’s a big IF, he is successful, what’s keeping him from going back to his Alma Mater?

We welcome our new OC to the family, we’re very glad you’re here. We look forward to a long, successful career here at good ‘ol USC.

Simple, you win, we love you, period! This is what we expect. That is how big time football works.

Good luck, we are all counting on you!

He’s an Arkansas alum, if, and it’s a big IF, he is successful, what’s keeping him from going back to his Alma Mater?
Nothing, absolutely nothing. OC in college football is a transitory position. It is NOT meant to be a 20 year tenure with a gold watch presented at retirement!

Nothing, absolutely nothing. OC in college football is a transitory position. It is NOT meant to be a 20 year tenure with a gold watch presented at retirement!
So, at best, we get 2-3 years of success than he’s gone. Or, more likely we get a shit year or 2 and he moves on. Either scenario, I don’t see how this benefits us. Hopefully I’m wrong.

So who on are staff is a Carolina alum, strawman debate.. What's keeping any coach from going back to there Alma mater or jumping to another job, technically nothing but money. Who was the alumni that we were going to hire, Corey Jenkins, Dan Reaves, Connor Shaw? I guess we shouldn't renew Clayton White for fear he might leave us high and dry for the wolfpack and go out and hire an alumni... 🙄 So before he gets here it is a Big If he will be successful, with fans like this we will no doubt attract the best, you should start a thread on who his replacement will be...

So who on are staff is a Carolina alum, strawman debate.. What's keeping any coach from going back to there Alma mater or jumping to another job, technically nothing but money. Who was the alumni that we were going to hire, Corey Jenkins, Dan Reaves, Connor Shaw? I guess we shouldn't renew Clayton White for fear he might leave us high and dry for the wolfpack and go out and hire an alumni... 🙄 So before he gets here it is a Big If he will be successful, with fans like this we will no doubt attract the best, you should start a thread on who his replacement will be...
What part of his record indicates he will be a successful OC? His top 26 finish? His 20 ppg average?

What part of his record indicates he will be a successful OC? His top 26 finish? His 20 ppg average?
Well he has never really had more than a year to implement anything so the sample sizes are flawed but the play calling from going back and watching is nice. He utilized Chris Johnson very well and he has not been handed the greatest QB's to run his offense, Ryan Taneyhill, Sam Darnold, Matt Barkley, Rookie Mitch Trubisky... the fact that he ran numerous NFL offenses, he is a very good recruiter in a hot bed of recruiting(Texas) and Coach Beamer has done nothing but make us better since he got here and he hired him is good enough for me!
Coach Beamer has forgotten more about coaching than you think you know but you feel the need to doubt him despite his success, why?