Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odds to be the next head coach for South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF Staff

GCF Staff
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Odds to be the next head coach for South Carolina (BetOnline):

B. Napier +300
H. Freeze +400
S. Beamer +500
J. Chadwell +600
L. Fickell +700
T. Elliott +750
S. Satterfield +800
B. O'Brien +900
S. Sarkisian +1000
B. Venables +1000
W. Healy +1000
J. Brady +1200
J. Monken +1200

— Odds Shark (@OddsShark) November 17, 2020

I think it's Beamer, just too much noise about him on the radio talk shows . Could be an long shot now for Napier, and Chadwell.

Sounds like some of y'all going to be disappointed when Billy Napier is announced.  :D

No, not really he's good to, just that Chadwell has beaten him head to head .   ALL 3 would be good choices  I don't think the kids know Napier  as well as Beamer could be wrong .  I just hope this doe not turn out to be an bust again or an Brad  deal.

Sounds like some of y'all going to be disappointed when Billy Napier is announced.  :D
You're all gonna be disappointed when Tyrone Willingham suddenly pops up and gets the job.

Look I realize I am one lone voice but what bothers me is all the other noise. If you had an accurate account of all the radio shows/call ins, Facebook pages, Twitter pages, Instagram posts, internet sites and various other ways to bitch and moan I believe we would be amazed. The team with a million voices and no body is listening. You post a thought positive, negative, neutral or supportive  and you get blasted  from 1,000 of the million voices out there. I think a few players keep up with this, why? In the presser last week one of the players admitted he kept up just to see how little people know about the players and the team. Sound reasonable voice are no longer welcome just the crazies. Now look its OK to have a hard core fan base and yes the fans do carry some weight, most of which is carried by Gamecock Club Members and even more by Major Donors, not voices from the wilderness.

I got into it with a poster last week just trying to get him to understand how little input he had in the matter. He was pushing a coach and staff that simply were not in the mix and I would assume the AD would not consider. After a couple of back and forth (well mannered) he  turned ugly, got personal and had no retort. My reply was my feelings then and now.

Ray Tanner AD know how important this hire is and I think he understands how he was played by Wills agent and his close ties to Will grew over the years and he like Will on a personal level, as Ray put it coach to coach. I don't think its a good idea for an  AD to get that close to his key employees.

Coaching decision will be made with the following, all to a varying degree of input.

President G.I. Joe

Ray Tanner AD

BOT

Major Contributors

Consulting Group

Current Players

Former Players (that Zoom meeting has already taken place)

Gamecock Club Members

Lets not forget one other important input The SEC

Please remember that still does not stop us from having fun with this. Make a suggestion a solid one or a fun one but keep it light not like the end of the world if you are not taken seriously. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Look I realize I am one lone voice but what bothers me is all the other noise. If you had an accurate account of all the radio shows/call ins, Facebook pages, Twitter pages, Instagram posts, internet sites and various other ways to bitch and moan I believe we would be amazed. The team with a million voices and no body is listening. You post a thought positive, negative, neutral or supportive  and you get blasted  from 1,000 of the million voices out there. I think a few players keep up with this, why? In the presser last week one of the players admitted he kept up just to see how little people know about the players and the team. Sound reasonable voice are no longer welcome just the crazies. Now look its OK to have a hard core fan base and yes the fans do carry some weight, most of which is carried by Gamecock Club Members and even more by Major Donors, not voices from the wilderness.

I got into it with a poster last week just trying to get him to understand how little input he had in the matter. He was pushing a coach and staff that simply were not in the mix and I would assume the AD would not consider. After a couple of back and forth (well mannered) he  turned ugly, got personal and had no retort. My reply was my feelings then and now.

Ray Tanner AD know how important this hire is and I think he understands how he was played by Wills agent and his close ties to Will grew over the years and he like Will on a personal level, as Ray put it coach to coach. I don't think its a good idea for an  AD to get that close to his key employees.
Agree to some extent, but a vocal fan base does have a bigger say than I think you are giving credit for. CWM was not a hit when announced, which means CRT has to take that info account with this hire. Also remember the Tennessee reaction to the news that Greg Schiano was about to hired ... they went full Morgantown in the streets and started burning couches, AD was canned, offer rescinded etc etc ... it was nuts.

Yeah I don't get some of these folks who take this stuff so seriously. The same thing happened on CT with that super long search thread, which is why a bunch of us started trolling it with the Muschamp jokes. I've seen the beginnings of it here too, though nowhere even near as bad as it is elsewhere.

I mean at the end of the day, the people who do the hiring are going to hire who they want to hire. I seriously doubt Tanner, Caslen, the board, etc. all sit around in meetings scouring Twitter and Reddit and all of the message boards to figure out who should be hired. 

Yeah I don't get some of these folks who take this stuff so seriously. The same thing happened on CT with that super long search thread, which is why a bunch of us started trolling it with the Muschamp jokes. I've seen the beginnings of it here too, though nowhere even near as bad as it is elsewhere.

I mean at the end of the day, the people who do the hiring are going to hire who they want to hire. I seriously doubt Tanner, Caslen, the board, etc. all sit around in meetings scouring Twitter and Reddit and all of the message boards to figure out who should be hired. 
Agreed. I certainly have my opinions and top choices, but if Ray pulls the trigger on Beamer (my bottom choice of mentioned names) I will have to assume it's because the guy is way, way more ready than I think. Either way, I will support whoever gets hired and the knowledge that coaching searches are like drafting QBs in the first round - you think you know what you think you know, but it's all really just a roll of the dice, and tons don't pan out.

Agreed. I certainly have my opinions and top choices, but if Ray pulls the trigger on Beamer (my bottom choice of mentioned names) I will have to assume it's because the guy is way, way more ready than I think. Either way, I will support whoever gets hired and the knowledge that coaching searches are like drafting QBs in the first round - you think you know what you think you know, but it's all really just a roll of the dice, and tons don't pan out.
Agreed, also whoever is eventually hired not everyone is going to happy about it no matter who it is.

Agreed, also whoever is eventually hired not everyone is going to happy about it no matter who it is.
Yeah I think that is a certainty when there isn't a big name like Spurrier or Holtz walking in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.