Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off The Radar Safety Prospect To Visit Gamecocks Later This Month

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Off The Radar Safety Prospect To Visit Gamecocks Later This Month​

SPORTSTALK / March 07, 2023

1678231460717.pngUSC secondary coach Torrian Gray has invited SAF Kemari Nix (6-1 195) of Kennesaw, GA to visit March 18th, and Nix plans to follow through on the invitation. Nix is not a heavily recruited player to this point and has been primarily a quarterback. However, Gray reviewed his film and apparently saw skills that would work as a safety or cornerback.

“Right now, I just talk to the DB coach over there and he basically just said he liked my film and wanted me to come down to the campus,” Nix said. “He was saying how he likes my size and everything. I’d say the thing I do best is the way I make plays, tackling and coming down on routes and stuff like that.”

Nix only has an offer from Eastern Kentucky thus far in his recruiting, and he visited Austin Peay for a junior day in January. He’s also drawing some interest from Georgia Tech. The possibility of landing an offer from the Gamecocks has him fired up.

“Right now, I’m loving South Carolina,” Nix said. “I’m loving the fans and everything. It’s good atmosphere right now. I know some people who have committed there, so seeing them commit there and what they can bring to South Carolina, it’s a good atmosphere.”

Nix visited USC last April as part of a tour of schools that included a stop at Clemson. His hope is Gray will like him enough in person to take the recruiting to the next step.

“I think he wants to see me and stuff like that. Maybe once I get up there, we’ll talk more about it,” Nix said. “An offer would mean a lot. Like I said before, the atmosphere at South Carolina when I went the first time was great, and the love they’ve been showing me on Twitter and stuff is crazy.”

As a quarterback last season, Nix passed for 1408 yards and rushed for 1002 yards. He accounted for 34 touchdowns.