Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OL Elyjah Thurmon discusses why Gamecocks made his shortlist

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

OL Elyjah Thurmon discusses why Gamecocks made his shortlist

August 08, 2023

1691487089045.pngThe Gamecocks are still in the market for 2024 offensive linemen and are heavily involved with Elyjah Thurmon (6-5 275) of Hinesville, GA. Thurmon went to the Gamecock camp and landed offers from the Gamecocks after showing off his skills.

Thurmon late last week included the Gamecocks among his final eight schools. Gamecock offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley and head coach Shane Beamer were a little quicker to offer Thurmon. The Gamecocks are pushing hard for Thurmon to join the already impressive list of offensive linemen they have committed for the class.

South Carolina, it’s just the relationship I have with Coach Teasley, it’s been amazing,” Thurmon said. “Constantly in contact with each other and he’s always telling me how fired up he is. And then, being able to have contact with Coach Beamer and being able to listen to him a couple of times and speak with him. They are basically fighting the same way Clemson is, trying to get me there and recruit me hard.

The other six schools on Thurmon’s shortlist are Clemson. Duke, UCF, LSU, Missouri, Georgia Tech, and Florida. He has not yet taken any official visits, but he plans to take officials to all eight schools with the first one coming in mid-September. The location has not been determined.

Thurmon said he’s undecided about graduating early and thus is not sure if he will sign in December or wait until February. He said there is no favorite among his final eight schools