Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One SEC school added more fans than Alabama over the last five years how did South Carolina far?

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
One SEC school added more fans than Alabama over the last five years how did South Carolina far?
08/11/2022

Some SEC fanbases actually shrank over the last five years. Four teams - Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Ole Miss - lost fans from 2017 to 2018. South Carolina and Ole Miss each saw their fanbases cut in half, with the Rebels seeing a league-worst 57% decline, despite a popular, social-media savvy coach in Lane Kiffin. (READ ARTICLE)

I question the accuracy of their analytics. Results cited based upon a national survey of 6,426 sports fans. I'd love to see their methodology -- well actually, I don't care enough to read through their methodology, but I still call B.S.!

Fan attendance means nothing if that's the criteria. Not going to the games because the football is bad doesn't mean you stop being a Gamecock.