Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pheasant

carolina_corpsman

Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Ok, anybody got a good Pheasant recipe? I've done them roasted, braised and  I have debreasted them and fried them up as cuttletts.  Going to a tower shoot tomorrow and I always end up with at least 5 or 6 birds and I am running out of ways to cook them. Hit me with your best recipe. 

My father was a pheasant Hunter! He absolutely loved them, but quit when his favorite dog, Penny, passed away when I was 2. I ate some but can't remember the recipe... YouTube has recipes for ANYTHING you want to cook.

My father was a pheasant Hunter! He absolutely loved them, but quit when his favorite dog, Penny, passed away when I was 2. I ate some but can't remember the recipe... YouTube has recipes for ANYTHING you want to cook.
Tower shoots are not quite as fun as upland bird hunting, but it was a charity event to raise funds for a good cause, and all the meat that was harvested and not claimed by shooters was donated to hunters for the homeless, all that to say I enjoyed it, always do. One of the best parts is watching the dogs work, there were I think 5 dogs working the hunt and they all had an absolute blast. I keep telling myself that when my older dogs are no longer here, I might try a bird dog. 

I do have a recipe for bacon wrapped pheasant that I think I might try, will post updates at some point. 

You could look up some cornish hen recipes. They're about the same size and weight as a pheasant, aren't they?

Oh, just man up and Sylvester it...

24d1842126b2eb74331cf672ceef8c5e.jpg

Someone in the blind next to us almost took a bird to the face lol feathers everywhere. 
That's a big reason I don't hunt. I trust me but not all the others that tote a gun near me. Fishing might lead to a painful hook caught somewhere on you. A hunting mistake by others can end you!

That's a big reason I don't hunt. I trust me but not all the others that tote a gun near me. Fishing might lead to a painful hook caught somewhere on you. A hunting mistake by others can end you!
True, Ivye gotten peppered more than once. On this case however he shot the bird, gravity and momentum took care of the rest.