Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players leaving

Shane has stood behind his players when many other coaches might not have done the same in a similar situation.

People will rip Burch for greed and disloyalty, but the basic takeaway is he's saying he doesn't want to play for Shane anymore.

Fifteen 4* players in next year's class and there may be a few more. Two sides to this blade.

Shane wants guys that are fully committed to him the same way he is to them.

I cannot think of a single player here in recent years that transferred out and set the world on fire somewhere else. Not one.

I will be excited to see who Shane brings in to fill his void. At the end of the day, all you can say is Go Cocks!!

So at some point do Universities say "enough, we're not doing this anymore"?
At some point there will be a split in FBS/Power 5 conferences...there is so much money to walk away from institutionally that either schools like USC/VaTech/GeorgiaTech etc will have to eat shit and accept their place in that landscape or leave the cash cow of conference afflilation

I can't imagine being a college coach during these unprecedented times...having to not only recruit high school players, now you have to recruit other college players as well as your own roster...I love beamer and hope that fans keep this all in mind as we may be rebuilding every year especially when players are free to leave with no downside
If I was a coach with these conditions today I just would walk away.

I guess this is the best way to sum it up... Crappy but the sad truth here.

Like it or not, this is how college football is going to be for the foreseeable future.

CHEER FOR THE JERSEY, NOT THE "NAME" OF WHO IS IN THE JERSEY AS THAT "NAME" MAY NOT STAY WITH US FOR LONG.....

NCAA can do anything about nil but they sure can change the portal. This is getting rediculous.
Yeah - maybe they need to reinstate the 'sit a year out' if you transfer rule. I didn't like that rule at the time, but now with NIL it's just getting ridiculous.

Which organizations are going to pay for his name, image, and/or likeness and where will it be used?

Also with the portal you can’t enter it till the completion of your 3rd year. Most 1st year guys do not play and reap the rewards of all that goes into training. The school YOU chose is building your value, give them something back on the field.

what it says is that you can likely criminally prosecute the 'agents" doing the communicating (tampering)...or the Coach if one is stupid enough to be doing it himself......

Of course, one thing about "law"; what you CAN DO and what you WILL DO are very, very, often entirely different things.

(I personally haven't researched this to have an opinion to know if this (tampering) rises to the level of CRIMINAL activity......though my "gut feeling" is this is a Civil issue, as in, sue for money, versus a criminal issue)

Qualify of College Coaches. Has to go down right? I mean who in their right mind if they are talented and overly exceptional at their job will want to put up with this NIL mess? I remember Kirby Smart talking about this two years ago. You are likely to see a lot of good coaches jump to the NFL or back to High school. Its why I don’t mind high salaries for the job because these coaches work pretty much 24/7 365.

NCAA/Tampering Tidbit

...and the award for longest run-on sentence goes to...

LOL

Seriously, you can just see the lawsuits from the schools/states against the NCAA to correct issues coming down the road.

Lawsuits are just part of it in some areas of the business world.

Probably have to give it the rest of the year to assess the financial scope like it says.

I still think success comes down to coaching in the long run. The top-tier programs will absorb the damage and keep plugging because of their coaching talent.

We may possibly end up being one of those programs that improves quicker due to the portal in the long run.

There will still be some growing pains with Shane as a fledgling head coach. We're still a bottom team trying to get to the middle and stay there long enough to get the big upset or two, but I think we're going to get there next year for good.

So at some point do Universities say "enough, we're not doing this anymore"?
Or, do they and the companies forking out the big NIL bucks start treating the players as contractors/employees? ie. yea we will give you a million dollar contract but you need to play X amount of games including the post season.

Honestly I liked the idea of NIL and the portal but the players are taking advantage and they are going to force the schools, leagues and potential NIL providers hands on the subject.