Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: Should USC Fire Kingston?

Should USC fire Mark Kingston

• Yes, he should be fired.

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No, he should not be fired.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • He should not be fired but some assistant coaches need to go.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The trajectory of the program is headed in the wrong direction. I don't see it improving next year.

Here are the stats on the head coaches since Bobby Richardson:

NameYearsSeasonsWonLostTiePct.
Bobby Richardson1970–19767220912.706
June Raines1977–1996207633802.667
Ray Tanner1997–2012167383160.700
Chad Holbrook2013–201751991050.655
Mark Kingston2018–present4111810.578

Richardson pitched to the team and drove the team bus. Holbrook's record has been the closest in terms of years coached to Richardson's.

Probably so. I guess anything can happen but there's not a ton to make you think it can be turned around with the same staff, same team. We need to get healthy top to bottom pitching wise, that's for sure. However, we're also last or next to it in every statistical offensive category. How does that improve? He seemed to fault playing too many freshmen on the bottom end of the lineup for that. Maybe they take a huge leap forward next year.

A losing record at and Elite program that South Carolina is?

DJ Jazzy Jeff his ass to the curb yesterday.

For me it's the large number of injuries to the pitching staff under two different pitching coaches.

If my kid was a highly sought-after HS pitcher I would tell him not to come here.