Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programs with the most portal entries

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The Gamecocks stand at 12 officially....
1672781440792.png

Yeah, almost 1/3 of your team transferring out, not counting any leaving early for NFL or seniors out of eligibility.

Although, they can afford to buy a whole new team.

TAMU should be piling up transfer portal frequent flyer miles by now. LOL

I just wonder how much longer A&M will keep Jimbo, despite his huge contract. I never understood why they wanted him in the first place. I know he won a National Championship at FSU, but if I remember correctly, he won that with mainly Bowden's players. After the National Championship, FSU went downhill continually, and they are just now righting the ship.

Before the portal and NIL, it was just guys leaving early for the NFL.

There have been times when there's just been a glut of draftees and a lot of guys have been left out in the cold.

Maybe this is the year we something similar with the portal.

Well at 5-7, how much value did their boosters get?
Just goes to show boatloads of NIL money only get you so far. In the days of the portal, coaches building an environment, culture that palyers want to play in will be key. You are essentially recruiting every player on your team every year to stay. But NIL money only get's you so far, if the coaches are a-holes, and the culture is toxic. Players will just leave.

Having a coach that players want to play for will be huge going forward. Not just what they say during recruiting visits, but what they actually do in practice and games throughout the season is more important then ever.

TAMU is a cult and deserves to be pointed out. They’re my kind of cult, but annoying as shit none the less. Jimbo is gone next year. I work with beaucoup A@M grads, it keeps them quiet during football.