Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QB Connor Mitch (2013 prospect video) ( commit to the Gamecocks)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
4 star QB Connor Mitch 6'3" 220lbs of Raleigh will be at USC’s junior day Saturday. By the end of the day, it’s possible he’ll hold an offer from the Gamecocks. “Coach Mangus wants to get to know the quarterbacks first,” Mitch said. “There’s a good chance of getting one while I’m there.” Mitch will have his parents with him. His last visit was to LSU a couple of weeks back. He might go to North Carolina Thursday. He also has visits set with Florida April 4th, West Virginia later that same week. Alabama April 14th and Auburn April 15th. “After the Auburn visit I’ll narrow down to five or three,” Mitch said. Right now he’s not sure of any schools that will make the cut. He also has been to North Carolina, NC State, East Carolina, Alabama, and LSU. “I’ve been looking to see if I can get along with the coaches and see myself playing for them,” Mitch said. “I’m also checking out the major and the campus.” Mitch has offers from North Carolina, NC State, East Carolina, Wake Forest, Syracuse, West Virginia, South Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Rutgers and LSU.

[/media]
Scouts bio

247sports bio

Rivals bio

Last edited by a moderator:
default_smile.png

Connor Mitch to commit before the season

4 star QB Connor Mitch of Raleigh was at the USC spring game and holds the Gamecocks in high regard. "I don't have a list but they're definitely up there," Mitch said. It was his second visit to USC in three weeks. "We pretty much did the same thing we did when I was there on a junior day but we also got to watch the game," he said. Mitch is looking for a school that offers the opportunity to play early and will have a coaching staff that will remain in place during his tenure. He believes that Steve Spurrier will be the head coach for the Gamecocks during his entire playing career in Columbia, should he choose USC. "That means a lot to me," said Mitch. "He has shown a lot of interest in me." Mitch plans to narrow his list in the next two weeks and announce his commitment prior to his senior season. He will participate in an Elite 11 camp and a Nike camp over the next two weeks before slowing things down. "I'm not taking any other visits anytime soon after (the two camps)." He did not name a leader but did express a lot of interest in USC. Mitch also mentioned LSU, Florida, Alabama and "a few local schools".

Link: http://www.goupstate...9860/-1/PSPORTS

QB Connor Mitch of Raleigh, NC committed to USC

QB Connor Mitch of Raleigh, NC committed to USC Tuesday afternoon. Mitch chose the Gamecocks over offers from LSU, Alabama, North Carolina, Auburn, Florida and several others. Last season Mitch passed for 3900 yards and 51 touchdowns as a junior.

link: http://www.gamecockf...e-gamecocks-r50

Wakefield junior quarterback Connor Mitch was being pursued by many of the top college football programs in the country, but the chase ended Tuesday night when he committed to South Carolina.

Mitch had 17 scholarship offers, including the major college football teams in North Carolina, plus national powers such as Louisiana State, Alabama and Auburn.

“I don’t know if it was a difficult decision, but it was stressful,” Mitch said. “There was a lot going on in my head. But with South Carolina, it was love at first sight. I knew I wanted to go there after my first visit. It has everything that I want.”

New Wakefield coach Rod Sink, who was an assistant at the North Raleigh school in 2011, said Mitch had many enticing offers.

“I think a big factor was that he loved the South Carolina coaching staff,” Sink said. “I know he was wrestling with LSU, but South Carolina was always right there.”

College recruiters from all over the country told Sink they were impressed with Mitch’s accuracy.

“Connor has the size (6-foot-3, 220 pounds) and is a very accurate passer,” Sink said. “He also has the ability to read the defense and make the right pass.”

Last year, Mitch passed for 3,832 yards and 51 touchdowns on a 10-2 team. He had 3,332 yards and 37 touchdown passes as a sophomore.

Mitch said he and his family had discussed his decision in recent days and decided Tuesday they were sure South Carolina was the place for him.

Mitch then spoke with South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier.

“He was very excited,” Mitch said. “He was being loud and crazy just like he always is.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobser...l#storylink=cpy