Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reed Mullin has passed away

LBC

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I'm sure many may not know who Reed Mullin even was so let me give you the quick bio. Reed Mullin was the drummer for the absolutely epic hard core/metal band out of Raleigh NC...Corrosion of Conformity...COC for those in the know. Mullin was not only a monster on the drums with his own unique style but was also one of the early promoters of all sorts punk rock/hard core/metal bands all over North Carolina and especially in the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area. Back in the early days of Cellar Door Productions Reed was a kind of an unofficial promoter/talent scout in the region because he knew everybody from all over the east coast and south. The dude had an absolute electric personality and was in fact one of the coolest most down to earth dudes ever. I actually got to meet him through a friend of mine who was in a couple of bands back in the day and then 're-met' both him and Pepper Keenan through a friend of theirs I knew out here on the Outer Banks some 20 years ago. One of my current friends who used to work at Cellar Door back in the late 80's early 90's was actually fairly good friends with him and is who just told me about his passing. I believe there is an interview somewhere from back in the day where Dave Grohl is discussing his favorite drummers and Reed gets mentioned. Anyway, if you don't know its ok but the next time you crack a cold one or pour yourself a drink raise a glass to one of the hardest rocking drummers and all around good guys to every come out of North Carolina that then went on to travel the globe in the name of rock n roll! 

He was in pretty bad shape the last few years and was really struggling...to the point where many of his friends didn't think he was going to make it out alive...but his legacy and contribution to the genre he help create lives on!

RIP Reed Mullin

84325544_2755477941161940_3727336408046632960_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn RIP. 2 of the drum greats for their genre in a short time

I had a denim jacket in college embroidered with the bands logo (a skull with another symbol that I can't recall)... Loved the show that I saw! That sucks ass...

RIP, Mr Mullin

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/reed-mullin-corrosion-of-conformity-obituary-944459/

"Mullin’s many admirers and collaborators also included Grohl, who called Mullin “my drumming hero when I was 15 or 16 years old” in a 2015 Rolling Stone interview about Teenage Time Killers. That group’s lone album was recorded at Grohl’s 606 Studios with the Foo Fighters leader guesting on bass."

“It’s the Odessey and Oracle of fucking crossover hardcore-metal albums,” Dave Grohl, a longtime friend of Mullin’s who played in the drummer’s all-star side project, Teenage Time Killers, previously told Rolling Stone of Animosity. “I’ve stolen so many of his fucking riffs from that record over the years.”