Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumblings in Tatertown

Spur's Addiction

Who is Sergio?
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Ex-Clemson football player Kanyon Tuttle calls out coach Dabo Swinney, tells him to 'take a stand' on racism

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2020/06/02/clemson-football-coach-dabo-swinney-kanyon-tuttle-take-stand-racism/3127947001/

Kanyon Tuttle, a former football player at Clemson and son of former Tigers standout Perry Tuttle, took Clemson coach Dabo Swinney to task Tuesday via Twitter.

In a post Tuesday morning from his account, Tuttle contended that a coach for the Tigers called a player “the N-word during practice with no repercussions. Not even a team apology.” Tuttle did not identify the coach, nor when the alleged incident occurred, but he was on the team at Clemson in 2016 and 2017.

The same Twitter post also suggested that Swinney discouraged Clemson players from participating in an on-campus sit-in to protest racism in April of 2016. Tuttle then urged Swinney to “stop protecting your brand, take a stand.”

Neither Clemson nor Swinney offered a response on Tuesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2020/06/02/clemson-coach-dabo-swinney-called-out-comments-racial-issues/3128839001/

Though Tuttle did not identify the coach or player involved in the incident, a second person with knowledge of the Clemson program during that time period, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity due to fears of retribution, confirmed that the events in Tuttle’s tweet were accurate. Later, former Clemson tight end D.J. Greenlee told The State newspaper in Columbia, South Carolina that the incident occurred between himself and longtime special teams coordinator Danny Pearman during a practice.

“He heard me use the n-word basically, and basically tried to correct me by saying the n-word back,” Greenlee told The State. “He wasn’t saying that I was a n-word. It was, using the tone, in a word like, ‘OK ... I was talking to my teammate and you came over here.”

Greenlee added that he forgave Pearman but indicated that Swinney, who was aware of the incident, took a more passive role and did not address it in front of the team. 

“(Pearman) apologized the rest of that season,” Greenlee said. “He knew he was in the wrong. You can’t hold a grudge against someone forever.”

The fix is already in for this too. Too bad the articles don't explain why Giella confirmed the incident before retracting his tweet.

UB1fJAb.jpg

I guess his New Spring stimulus check took a little too long to clear.

Until this hurts anyone's wallet then come back, this will not do anything to Clemson Football. Even with the current racially charged environment we live in, still wont do anything because of a couple of guys popped off on Twitter.