Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAF Kaleb Harris liked what he saw on first visit to Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

SAF Kaleb Harris liked what he saw on first visit to Gamecocks​

SPORTSTALK / June 13, 2023
1686685518329.png (6-1 190) of Alabaster, AL plays for one of the top programs in that state, Thompson High School. One of his former teammates is Clemson freshman defensive tackle Peter Woods. There’s a chance the two could cross paths again in college. Two of the top programs with Harris right now are USC and Georgia Tech.

Harris made an official visit with the Gamecocks last weekend. That gave him the chance to meet up with Shane Beamer and secondary coach Torrian Gray in person. He liked what he heard from them and everyone else he came into contact with.

“How authentic the people were there,” Harris said. “Everybody’s real. They will tell you how it is. They aren’t going to tell you anything that’s not true. That’s what stood out to me. They told me how Coach Gray got all the DBs, and they told me they would cross-train me and get me ready for the next level which is the NFL. I could play nickel, safety, whatever I need to play.”

Beamer and Gray actually recognized Harris as someone for their program over a year ago, and he hasn’t forgotten about their early interest.

“I got the offer sometime last year in the spring, and it was one of my first offers,” Harris said. “They’ve always been one of my top schools. They are in my top group with Vanderbilt, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State and Auburn.”

USC has been his only official visit thus far, and Harris is scheduled for a visit to Georgia Tech June 23rd. Nothing else is scheduled at this point, and a decision could come later this summer.

“I might do it before our football season,” Harris said. “I’m not there yet. I’m not at that point where I feel comfortable making a decision right now.”

Last season Harris made 58 tackles with seven tackles for loss and two interceptions.