Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

September restaurant deals

I love "Uno's Pizza" in Lexington, SC.  They make the best deep-dish-pizza in these parts.  I just wish that we had one in the CSRA as Lexington is a nice drive from the homestead for me.

Great listing of places to go and save money that you listed here.  Where is the "Grumpy -Old - F*rt" at these days???   I keep looking for it on your picture/avatar.

I have got to get my avatar put up, but I will need my granddaughter to do it for me as she is a heckuva lot faster at doing things on the computer than I could ever imagine to try to do.

The Hobbit was actually one of my reading choices for HS freshman English.  Best choice I ever had in terms of book options.

The Hobbit was actually one of my reading choices for HS freshman English.  Best choice I ever had in terms of book options.
I once had all the "Lord Of The Rings Books and The Hobbit too", but like a lot of my best books and historical books that I have loaned out over the years - they have somehow forgotten to make their way back home.  I even have the DVD collections on these movies and my granddaughters have gotten them and I think I may have to remind them that I would like them back one day.  I think the Tolkien Family sold the rights for these books back around 1938 for what would amount today as something like $28,000.00.  I think that Peter Jackson did a great job of showing/telling each part of the Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit.  There is always something left out when they turn a book into a movie, but in some ways - Peter Jackson did a better job than Tolkien did writing them - as far as the story was told and the action was put on the screen.  Just my humble opinion.