Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaw and Kimrey leaving

Interesting. Shaw seems to be all over the place in what he wants to do in life. Short stint at Furman, then here.

Kimrey I am more surprised at. Hopefully he'll stat his podcast back up.

Does this mean that Satt may be leaving and they don't want to deal with the uncertainty of not knowing if a new OC would retain them?

Last edited:
Interesting. Shaw seems to be all over the place in what he wants to do in life. Short stint at Furman, then here.

Kimrey I am more surprised at. Hopefully he'll stat his podcast back up.
That's what I was thinking.

Seems from Shane's presser both were not news to him. One and two weeks working with those two. My guess is Connor he might be going back in the insurance business.

Wish them both nothing but the best. Connor is a Gamecock legend and always will be. Time to upgrade at both positions on the staff.

Much better news than the rumors circulating in the twittershpere today. One had Stepp leaving and I really think he is a top-knotch coach and recruiter

Longhaul

Much better news than the rumors circulating in the twittershpere today. One had Stepp leaving and I really think he is a top-knotch coach and recruiter

Stepp brother (Josh) who is currently the OC & QB Coach at Georgia State would be interesting but cannot see him Giving up OC position for TE position coach

Fade In with Erik Kimrey could be back.

Yesterday I saw people freaking out about both of them leaving, talking about how it shows the staff is in turmoil, and things are going badly. I disagree. From what I had heard, Connor didn't want to continue in that position indefinitely, because of the hours and wanting to spend more time with his family, and Kimrey wasn't crazy about the recruiting aspect. So, both guys are great Gamecocks, and I wish them well and much success, but we have an opportunity to upgrade. This is not a bad thing, it's good for both of those guys, and good for the team.

I agree CockyandProud - Both are great gamecocks, and would have loved to keep them on the staff. But as far as big time college coaching, neither of them had much experience with. I know Kimrey was a HS coach for a long time, and it sounds like college was not really his cup of tea and going back to HS coaching.

There is no reason we can't get equal or better coaches to replace both of them. I wish them best of luck.

Well, NSD has come and gone and the recruits are signed, not just for us, but everyone else as well.

February is going to be an interesting month with all the coaching vacancies in the NFL now.

I still believe Satt will be going back to the NFL by month's end.