Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shawn Elliott going with the same group against UAB (AUDIO)

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The first five on the USC offensive line made enough progress against East Carolina last week to earn another start from O-line coach Shawn Elliott. Mike Matulis and Cody Gibson will start at left and right tackle, Ronald Patrick and A.J. Caan will start at the two guard spots and T.J. Johnson will continue to hold down the center spot.

“I think we improved from week one to week two,” said Elliott. “Now we’ve got to continue to do that. They’re working hard. There’s going to be ups and downs during the course of the season but right now I think we’re on track.

We’ve got to perform better than we have, and I think we will, but these guys are out here working. It’s not like they’re happy with their performance. They’re doing a good job, they have good focus and great attitude. If they want to be a great O-line, they can do it.”

USC will practice again Thursday. The Gamecocks face UAB at 7:00 Saturday night.

wpaudio-play.png
AUDIO:

Download

0:00

Shawn Elliott [2:47]

Last edited by a moderator: