Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signature Win

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
Will we get a "signature win" this year and if so who will we beat? Like most of you I suffered through the last two seasons without much about which to be excited. The 2019 win in Athens and last years defeat of Auburn were the only bright spots. As this season progresses I wonder ( and hope) we get a big win this year too. Being realistic there are probably only two more games where we'll  be favored (Vandy and Missouri). There's no guarantee we will win those, but if we do; one more victory will be needed to get to .500 and a bowl. Do you think the Cocks will get that victory and if so, who will we upset. I'm going to go out on a thin limb and say we beat Florida by a field goal.

I know; but hey, I'm a dreamer.

To me Clemsux and That to me would be the signature win needed. 

If we lose to Vandy, this program is in big trouble.  They are not a good team and the game is at WB.  If we can't beat Vandy at home, we suck.

Do not want to go there. Man we lose to Vandy we need to fire and hire right their on the spot.

I'd be fine with taking out the taters. Of course some people say we should focus more on winning in the SEC than beating them, but in order to do that, we need to recruit well, and beating the taters helps recruiting...

A rolling barrage during Operation Rocky Top would be nice.

Start the battle.  Start the battle.

I'd be fine with taking out the taters. Of course some people say we should focus more on winning in the SEC than beating them, but in order to do that, we need to recruit well, and beating the taters helps recruiting...
Simple yes here here. :whats-up-smiley-emoticon:

Tennessee would be my second choice if we were not playing them in Knoxville. We also might have a chance with Auburn in Willams-Brice too. Of course I'd love to beat Clemson, but that would  just be too good to be true. Anyway, here's hoping we somehow beat Vandy, Missouri and somebody else.

UT a signature win, I hope not!

I would say it would be Auburn, Florida or Clemson. Hell any West opponent. 

Let's start with UT and go from there.
Agreed - and I think, for some reason, like we are going to give them way more of a game this weekend than they bargained for. I'm sure after last weekend they are already beating UGA in their minds, and that's just what we need.

UT going to the black unis for our game is meaningless false bravado, just like it has been for us in the past.  A flag of fear to be exploited.

The Vols will flinch if our D can hold the line against them.

Just go play our game and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I'd consider beating Auburn a signature win.  I just don't think they are that good, but I'll take every win we can muster.  Beating Clemson wouldn't be quite as satisfying as it would have been in their prime, but I would love to see that, because I'd set up a lawn chair somewhere here in the upstate, and eat popcorn, and watch their heads explode.

I guess I should clarify what I mean by "signature win". I'm referring to our beating a team that is favored over us. In reality a "signature win" would be better defined to mean winning against a top ten team. Granted, none of our remaining opponents are or will be in the top ten.  

Yes. We should stay focused. Gamecock football is like golf. Every time I start projecting ahead while I'm playing I make a double bogey. 

So we should stay focus?
Absolutely and build on it each week.  Hogan I agree with you on signature wins like in 2010 against Bama.  But this year every game from here out I classify as a signature win, even Vandy.  Let's win out and we'll call it a signature winning season for this team and coaching staff!  Ok I'll get back on therapy now but I can dream right?

Absolutely and build on it each week.  Hogan I agree with you on signature wins like in 2010 against Bama.  But this year every game from here out I classify as a signature win, even Vandy.  Let's win out and we'll call it a signature winning season for this team and coaching staff!  Ok I'll get back on therapy now but I can dream right?
Have some extra magic dust and keep on dreamin' large.

Hopefully we go from a Hyundai to an SRT Demon this year.

Last edited by a moderator: