Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoked/Grilled Pork Chops

dreammachine

Fanatics Cash
Going to do some nice pork chops either on my RECTEC Pellet Smoker or use my Black Egg Ceramic Cooker.  Ain't made up my mind about it yet?  Got a lot of work to do on my wooden deck, so that will also help me to decide what I will do my how much my butt is dragging when I am done????

Is it ever going to cool off outside so I can hopefully load up  all of these "skeeters" and send them down to Florida as Ole Yancy just loves them in his back yard when he is grilling!!!! He can make "Skeeter Gumbo - Skeeter Cocktails - BBQ Skeeter - Skeeter - Bob's - Rockefeller Skeeters!!!!  Forrest & Bubba ain't got nothing on Ole Yancey!!!!  Dat man can grill/smoke/fry and keep a good conversation going all at the same time!!!!  (As Long As The Beer Doesn't Run Out)!!!!

I did them on my RECTEC Pellet Smoker and "man - they were awesome"!!!  I purchased them in Aiken at the "Fresh Market" and I got them to cut me 4 "1-1/2 in" bone-in pork chops.  These things were huge and they were so tender and moist.  I think that next time I do them on my RECTEC Pellet Smoker - I am going to do a "reverse sear" after smoking them and put them on my Black Egg - just long enough to sizzle the fat around the edges.

What do you think Yancey, sound like a good plan?

Do you pretty much smoke chops like you would smoke a shoulder? I imagine they would go a lot quicker.But low an slow until you get to temp?

Do you pretty much smoke chops like you would smoke a shoulder? I imagine they would go a lot quicker.But low an slow until you get to temp?
SA, I did them for about 35 minutes on each side as these were "bone-in - pork - chops and about 1-1/2 inches thick"  I took them off at about 135F and allowed them to rest for about 25 minutes.  They were great, tender, moist, and one of them was more than I could eat along with our side dishes.  I did however finish another one off the next day and it was still just as good - even though I did use a little bit of Memphis-Styled BBQ Sauce on it.  I think now with these chops being so thick I will do the "reverse sear" after taking them off the pellet smoker and see how that goes to just make the fat around the edges a tad bit more tasty???  What say you?

Always brine your chops
Yancey I did do a brine.  I did not have as much time as I thought I would, so I use apple cider vinegar & lemon juice for about 35 minutes due to the thickness and size of these pork chops.  I took them out and put my rub on them and then proceeded to smoke them.  Everything came out great, but I got to thinking about doing the "reverse sear" and was just wondering if you had ever did that as these large chops had  good fat around the edges and I like that stuff.