Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some positives from Saturday and some head scratchers

Longhaul

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
While there were not many here were a few I saw.  Zach Pickens is developing into a disruptive force on the D-line.  He impacted play all day.  Engabore is continuing to get better not only at rushing the passer, but reading the screens and making plays.  Jaheim Bell is a serious mismatch and weapon.  We even had the guy returning kicks.  Zac White can catch the ball and actually has a nice move bounce before he hits the line of scrimmage on run plays.  Props to Damani Staley and RJ Roderick for being all over the field the entire game.  

Head scratchers.  Harris was averaging over 5 yards a carry and we did not see him in the second half.  Is he injured?  Also just curious as to what has happened to Tonka Hemingway?  I really thought this was going to be a good year for him. 

Tonka buried in the depth chart Agree Pickens is a force. Just so much work ahead on both sides.  ZaQuandre White is what happen with Harris. Man touch one ahead with A&M.

While there were not many here were a few I saw.  Zach Pickens is developing into a disruptive force on the D-line.  He impacted play all day.  Engabore is continuing to get better not only at rushing the passer, but reading the screens and making plays.  Jaheim Bell is a serious mismatch and weapon.  We even had the guy returning kicks.  Zac White can catch the ball and actually has a nice move bounce before he hits the line of scrimmage on run plays.  Props to Damani Staley and RJ Roderick for being all over the field the entire game.  

Head scratchers.  Harris was averaging over 5 yards a carry and we did not see him in the second half.  Is he injured?  Also just curious as to what has happened to Tonka Hemingway?  I really thought this was going to be a good year for him. 
In his postgame interview CSB mentioned Harris was injured in first half -- didn't sound like anything serious.

Anybody know why JuJu ands Brooks did not play.  Where they suited up?  Have not listened to Beamer, did he address it?

Anybody know why JuJu ands Brooks did not play.  Where they suited up?  Have not listened to Beamer, did he address it?

Juju was a disciplinary matter; Brooks had what Beamer called a "personal issue."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why Darius Rush was on the field and if anyone told him what he was supposed to be doing on it because he sure wasn't covering anyone!

Thanks for mentioning that.  I noticed that Saturday, and meant to say something about it, but forgot.  Yes, he is coming into his own. The play that made me really take notice of him, was when he stopped their running back from scoring with one arm.  He reached out and threw him down.  

There were some small positives at times in the game but we are bad and played like it.  Nobody forget that this was Vandy and we're barely better than them right now.  The major positive is that despite playing like hot garbage pretty much throughout, we managed a final drive to win an ugly game.  Vandy coaches had a brain fart for the entire last drive sitting back in coverage. Ugly wins are better than an embarrassing loss any day.

There were some small positives at times in the game but we are bad and played like it.  Nobody forget that this was Vandy and we're barely better than them right now.  The major positive is that despite playing like hot garbage pretty much throughout, we managed a final drive to win an ugly game.  Vandy coaches had a brain fart for the entire last drive sitting back in coverage. Ugly wins are better than an embarrassing loss any day.
Understand but this program needs to move ahead of the Vanderbilt of the world. Saturday just showed how far this program has to go. Gamecocks proved Saturday that they are at best 13 or 14 team in the SEC. I just hope the program has hit rock bottom now and can start the long crawl up the hill. 4-3 yes happy with that better then 2 or 3 wins a season the Gamecocks have had last few season. Just hope the coaching staff can do better and players as well. We just have to hang in hope for the best. GO COCKS!!

I thought we waited almost too late to put Noland in and I thought the only reason we didn't sooner was maybe because Zeb still had issues with feeling in his injured hand.

Every coordinator has to stick to a system and Noland has no eligibility after this season, so I understand Satt sticking with Doty to get him the reps.

Everyone is tired of watching bad Gamecock football.  Poor Tommy Suggs seems so frustrated with it on the radio and I think we are all like that.

Multiple OCs have come in here trying to run a Pro-style offense with sub-NFL players.  The wins don't come early on but they stick with it.  Then by the time the higher level of recruits to execute the offense is finally there, the OC is gone because of the horrible W-L record.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Wash rinse got to stay with a OC just too much musical  chairs. Problem is no one has the patients to let that happen. 

I really think we could have beaten UK with a combination of Doty and Noland, but Noland's hand was still gimpy right after the UGA game.

UGA is obviously the class of the SEC East this season.

Coach White owned up to making a mistake by playing too conservative in the first half of the UT game.

I still believe we have an major upset in us at some point during the remainder of the season.

TAMU has gotten so used to dominating us that it's hard for me to believe they will take us seriously.  Straight up, I don't think too many opposing teams do at this point in the season.

I really believe that we are a trap game for the Aggies at College Station this Saturday.  We'll see.

I really think we could have beaten UK with a combination of Doty and Noland, but Noland's hand was still gimpy right after the UGA game.

UGA is obviously the class of the SEC East this season.

Coach White owned up to making a mistake by playing too conservative in the first half of the UT game.

I still believe we have an major upset in us at some point during the remainder of the season.

TAMU has gotten so used to dominating us that it's hard for me to believe they will take us seriously.  Straight up, I don't think too many opposing teams do at this point in the season.

I really believe that we are a trap game for the Aggies at College Station this Saturday.  We'll see.
I hope you are correct.  I just don't see it in their house, but I hope I am totally wrong. 

Really don't know what to expect, just hope we don't get totally whipped to put it politely.  Hope Zeb can have success.

I thought we waited almost too late to put Noland in and I thought the only reason we didn't sooner was maybe because Zeb still had issues with feeling in his injured hand.

Every coordinator has to stick to a system and Noland has no eligibility after this season, so I understand Satt sticking with Doty to get him the reps.

Everyone is tired of watching bad Gamecock football.  Poor Tommy Suggs seems so frustrated with it on the radio and I think we are all like that.

Multiple OCs have come in here trying to run a Pro-style offense with sub-NFL players.  The wins don't come early on but they stick with it.  Then by the time the higher level of recruits to execute the offense is finally there, the OC is gone because of the horrible W-L record.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
Hell , I am tired if Tommy Suggs he should have retired 15 years ago.  Same old crap from Suggs 

Hey, it just ugly Football period   the guys played an 2 win  team they should have looked good.  Really people are excited about this win .