Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Carolina suffers 5th decommitment since Will Muschamp firing, this time a defensive end out of Virginia

GF Staff

GCF Staff
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
South Carolina suffers 5th decommitment since Will Muschamp firing, this time a defensive end out of Virginia

11/25/2020

Another day and another decommitment for South Carolina since the Will Muschamp firing. This time, the Gamecocks lost defensive end George Wilson out of Virginia Beach, Virginia (Green Run).

When Wilson committed to South Carolina five months ago, he was South Carolina’s highest-rated 2021 commitment. When he committed Wilson was listed at 6-5, 214 pounds and rated the No. 9 recruit in Virginia and No. 23 weak-side defensive end in the class of 2021 on the 247Sports Composite.

“This has been a tough decision, and not an easy one to make,” Wilson shared on Instagram. “But as it gets closer and closer, and talking it over with my family, as well as taking time out for myself, I’ve decided to decommit from the University of South Carolina.”

Wilson added that he plans to sign in the December early signing period.

He chose South Carolina over 17 other offers including Ole Miss and Tennessee. Arizona State, North Carolina and Penn State joined the Gamecocks in his final four.

Since Muschamp was fired, South Carolina has also lost safety Jayden Johnson, wide receivers Rodarius Thomas and Simeon Price, and safety Bryce Steele.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBpVWzH1dn/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by GWJR ¹¹ (@guwo2ps)