Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking of rapidly rising prices...

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
We had company coming over today and the decision was made to get some pizza and wings. So after discussing what to order I called Pizza Hut and ordered:

1 - medium 2 topping stuffed crust pizza
1 - medium thin & crispy supreme
1- order of 12 BBQ wings
1- order of breadsticks

That's it. Nothing else. Drum roll please......................................

Total cost: $63.47 (that's not a typo) I just knew I must have misheard what she said so I asked...did you say 63.47??? Yes sir, our wings have gone up in price twice in the last month.
Fortunately for me the Pizza Hut in Cayce gives veterans 20% off so I got the order for the bargain price of $51.33
rolleyes.png

I guess we won't be ordering from Pizza Hut for a while.

Two of local mom and pop restaurants I frequent a good bit raised prices about two months ago.

One put a sign on the front door and the other tastefully has an insert in the menu listing the items where prices have increased.

I still go to them, but not so frequently now.

I am friends with one of the owners who said he got the Covid financial aid, so I guess that tends to offset the loss in sales volumes for the independent restaurant owners.