Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spicy food

cocky0

The cake is a lie
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
So I've been one a spicy kick here recently. While looking for some recipes, I stumbled onto these bad boys:

51N+mL7dNTL._PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_AA500SH20_.jpg

World Market just so happen to have some available, so the wife grabbed some for me yesterday while she was out spending my money. I just polished off a bowl, and man I am impressed. These things are pretty damn good. Like other instant Ramen, they also pack in a lot of sodium, so beware if you are watching that part of your diet.

Yeah, there are very few of those that I can eat.  I usually end up tossing the "flavor" packet and adding my own.  Trader Joe's yuzu hot sauce works really well with  ramen

I'm still trying to figure out where the sodium is in that brand. The nutritional info says 1360mg of sodium per pack. The pack contains the noodles, a sauce packet, and some tiny little thing with sesame seeds and some black rice looking shit in it. I figured it was the sauce packet where all the sodium was, but I then found the sauce sold separately which lists 110mg of sodium per teaspoon, and that is about how much sauce comes with the noodles. So it's either the sesame seed pack or the noodles themselves that contain all the sodium. Honestly I don't think the sesame seed thing did much for the flavor, so maybe leaving that out will cut the sodium down.