Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

USCBatgirl21

Fanatics Cash

OK...who bought their tickets already?  We're going Saturday, December 21 at 11:15 am. 

I'm approaching this one a little differently than I have in the past. I'm going to try to avoid any trailers, early reviews, cast interviews, etc. before going to see this one. I was not pleased with Solo, and I was not pleased with Rian Johnson's movie. Maybe coming into this one with a more open mind will help.

Looks intriguing.

I'm sure I'll see it at some point over the Christmas holidays.

No film in this series has gotten good reviews since episode 6, either from critics or fans. Personally I think that they're all really good but not quite as good as the first two (episodes 4 & 5) but certainly not deserving of the vitriol some have given it.

I will enjoy it when watching unless it is a total sh$t show. That's doubtful with JJ Abrams at the helm!

Last edited by a moderator:
No film in this series has gotten good reviews since episode 6, either from critics or fans. Personally I think that they're all really good but not quite as good as the first two (episodes 4 & 5) but certainly not deserving of the vitriol some have given it.

I will enjoy it when watching unless it is a total sh$t show. That's doubtful with JJ Abrams at the helm!
I agree.  I think a great deal of the vitriol is simply butt-hurt fanboys pissed off that they didn't follow whatever books they happened to read from 1983 to 1999, that they believe in their heart of hearts is SW canon and should not be deviated from. 

Rogue One is definitely the best movie since Return of the Jedi.
It is really good.  Although I remember butt-hurt fanboys complaining that there was little to no character/relationship development, especially for Jyn and Cassian.  Of course there wouldn't be.  We aren't going to see these people again!   

The first trailer was good, but this one makes me think there are too many characters in it.

I would really like to see Han Solo return from the dead and bitch-slap his treacherous son through a bulkhead and out into icy space.

...but that would never happen. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it yesterday, and it's not bad at all. I think it's the best of this new trilogy to be honest. 

So, were you as excited about this film as your avatar suggests? Lol
No not really. I had my expectations tempered a good bit with the last couple of movies. I guess that makes me one of the aforementioned "butt-hurt fanboys". I've had that avatar since the old old days back on the Gamecock Nation board. I got rid of it for a while some years ago, but a lot of people asked me to bring it back so I did.

I went to see it last night as a reward for getting over the crud that had been sucking the life out of me the past few weeks.

The middle part of the movie was pretty good, but overall it seemed like it was trying to be too many things to too many people.

There were too many characters that weren't developed enough and it just confused things for me.  The acting was very good; there was just too many characters for a single movie.

Since the original cast is old enough to not be with us for that many more years, I thought the final episode should have focused on their ties to the newer characters.

In general, I thought Leia should have been more of a diva than boring General Leia in the last two movies she was in.

I have liked the movie Solo the best of the newer generation movies.