Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting 5 for next year

USCMM

Fanatics Cash
What's your line-up?

This is what I'm thinking is what I ideally will want to happen...

PG

1. Destanni Henderson

2. Eniya Russell -or- Zia Cooke

SG

1. Zia Cooke

2. Destiny Littleton

SF

1. Brea Beal

2. Lele Grissett

PF

1. Laeticia Amihere

2. Lele Grissett -or- Victaria Saxton

C

1. Aliya Boston

2. Victaria Saxton

I think the biggest battle is going to be at the 4. I think ideally we would like for Amihere to step up because she is an athletic specimen and can shoot away from the basket. At times she looked great but at other times she looked lost and out-of-sync with the rest of the players on the court. I'm not convinced she will start come gameday. I could see Lele becoming the surprise starter of the season if she works on her offense in the off-season. Ideally we would like Saxton at the 5 but I expect her to spend a lot of time at the 4 spot in addition to her duties backing up Boston.

Overall we have potential stars at all five positions but there are some questions about the backups -- specifically PG. We need Destanni to step up and seamlessly replace Ty while her backups get comfortable. I think our "peak" will rely on her production. I think this team is possibly elite 8 worthy as they currently stand. It will be their progress in the off-season that will determine if they go any further.

Last edited by a moderator: