Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bore

Spur's Addiction

Who is Sergio?
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Well that was a dud of a Superbowl. 

Brady wins, again.... Biggest surprise to me was the Tampa defense keeping the Mahommes and the Chiefs out of the endzone. But overall the game was a bit of a snoozer. And so was the halftime show (I only recognized the last song - I guess I'm old).  The anthem was meh. Some good commercials here and there, but largely, nothing that stands out too much.

Just kind of "meh" all the way around. Plus not going over to a friends for a party and just watching it at home didn't help either. 

I thought it was pretty weak as well.  You do have to give a lot of credit to Todd Boles for making is so boring.  His defense shut down KC.  It did not help that KC did not have their starting tackles.  Brady amazes me that he can still deliver a ball with the velocity and precision at his age.  Half-time show was strange and a snoozer to say the least, but like you, I am also old and really have not watched it in several years.  Maybe next year we can get a band that is relevant across a wider fan base.  

Anthem was pretty good and I liked the game overall, especially the Bucs defensive play.  Brady and the honey badger going at it was fun.   Still motion sick from the halftime in the funhouse selfie video.   Never heard of that singer and now I know why.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bucs gave the Chefs the Patrick Price.  LOL

The Tampa D was the MVP in my book, though, for shutting down the Chefs offense.

I thought the halftime show was pretty good, too.

The Bucs D was the MVP.  They were all over Mahomes the entire game.  And yes, it did help that the Chiefs were missing both tackles.  Brady still plays at an elevated level for his age. 

Some commercials were good.  Anthem was OK and while I have heard of The Weekend, I don't listen to his music.  I feel he has talent, I just felt the halftime show was boring.  I have watched plenty of artists I don't listen to during the halftime show and thought they were more entertaining. 

Brady, and the TAMPA , D , I would like to have seen it if K.C. offensive line had been together, it was just an piece together line , I liked it another bowl in the books

I like an good ass kicking sometimes to watch .

I've seen good and bad Superbowls, and I give this on a B. While I'm not a Bucs fan, I enjoyed seeing them win, just like I enjoyed the Lightning winning the Stanley Cup. I lived in the Bay area for 20 years. I could leave my St. Pete office and be at the Trop for an evening of baseball within 15 minutes.