Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surf and turf

cocky0

The cake is a lie
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
So it was my buddy's birthday, and he mentioned to me a while back that he wanted a good steak and prawn dinner.

Being close to Beaufort, the seafood part is easy to get.

3ZWn3PW.jpg

The steak is a little tougher to find, but I found a nice 3 pound specimen at Sam's Club.

vO94lSO.jpg

Now I usually like to do shrimp in a pan with butter and garlic before finishing them off with some whiskey and a flambe. This time I decided to toss a little magic dust on them.

fs15heu.jpg

With such a large steak I started it in the smoker at about 250 until the internal temp came to about 125. It took about an hour.

zPc4pTN.jpg

Then I finished by searing the steak over a very hot grill. I gave it a little of the magic dust too and drizzled the garlic butter and whiskey sauce over all of it.

AlMJl3m.jpg

He seems to have enjoyed the meal.

Hf2MXj4.jpg

It turned out pretty good. I got a small taste of the steak, and it was probably one of the better ones I've ever had.

Wow!  A 3# steak.  You're a good friend!
All told, the food cost me about $50, which is probably what I would have spent if I took him out to like Olive Garden (That's what he wanted before he found out about the steak.) And of course, I got to flex those culinary muscles a little and look like a straight rockstar to everyone who was there.

Between the shrimp and 3 lb. steak, my cholesterol jumped 75 points just reading about the meal you cooked.  Nice job.