Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC?

I like it and think we'd stay east / west like I read on SDS.  Someone posted they'd go to the West along with Mizzou and the east picks up Alabama and Auburn which looks interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
College Football News version. 4 divisions

East: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Vanderbilt
Mideast: LSU, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee
West: Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss
Southwest: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

With tongue in cheek this leaves open divisions West (So Cal & Stanford, Midwest  Notre Dame and ?, Northeast ? & ?

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07/texas-and-oklahoma-reached-out-to-the-sec-how-would-this-work-college-football-daily-cavalcade

With tongue in cheek this leaves open West and Midwest divisions
200.gif

With tongue in cheek this leaves open West and Midwest divisions

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07/texas-and-oklahoma-reached-out-to-the-sec-how-would-this-work-college-football-daily-cavalcade
Would also necessitate a broader SEC championship tournament, which could have a ripple on the proposed expansion of the national tournament structure, which could mean fewer regular season games ... which would suck.

With tongue in cheek this leaves open divisions West (So Cal & Stanford, Midwest  Notre Dame and ?, Northeast ? & ?

I would rather just get rid of divisions all  together.  And just have a schedule that rotates yearly through the schools. With an 8 game conference schedule, you can have one permanent opponent, and then the other 7 games rotate through the rest of the schools. You would play every school in the conference every other year. None of this "don't play a team from the other division for 6 seasons" nonsense. 

At the end of the season, the top two ranked schools play for the SEC championship. 

When did the Northeast start playing football?

Hot topic with some out of state friends. One has a take I am not sure about. He thinks that the "new and improved $EC" will at some point pull the plug on the current conference and start over. He thinks that will the help of E$PN and other universities they will develop a national conference. It would look something like this, in no special order, 16 teams.

I guess as he calls them blue bloods and near blue bloods large fan base, large capacity stadiums, money, strong boosters,  corporate support and facilities.

Alabama

Auburn?

Clemson

Texas

OK

LSU

Fla

UGA

Texas A&M

N D

Michigan

Ohio St

Northwestern

So Cal

Stanford

Oregon

He is still working out how to salvage all the other power 5  teams left blowing in the wind. Fun to think about but not so sure how much fun if it were to happen. We are now in the wild west of college football and I don't think it will end any time soon. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not football

Hot topic with some out of state friends. One has a take I am not sure about. He thinks that the "new and improved $EC" will at some point pull the plug on the current conference and start over. He thinks that will the help of E$PN and other universities they will develop a national conference. It would look something like this, in no special order, 16 teams.

I guess as he calls them blue bloods and near blue bloods large fan base, large capacity stadiums, money, strong boosters,  corporate support and facilities.

Alabama

Auburn?

Clemson

Texas

OK

LSU

Fla

UGA

Texas A&M

N D

Michigan

Ohio St

Northwestern

So Cal

Stanford

Oregon

He is still working out how to salvage all the other power 5  teams left blowing in the wind. Fun to think about but not so sure how much fun if it were to happen. We are now in the wild west of college football and I don't think it will end any time soon. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not football
Will never happen. No way 8 of the current SEC schools go along with this to get 'left out'

Will be interesting to see what big 12 teams end up where if it all collapses, Iowa st and maybe Oklahoma st. to the PAC 12? WVU to the ACC, the rest are a toss up.

I don’t think the Big 12 would necessarily collapse - they would poach from lesser conferences like the Mountain West to refill, albeit with lesser teams?

Well Two on the field rivals worked together off the field and left the conference together.

I remember once in the early 70stwo on the field rivals planned to leave a conference together but ...

yeah I'm still bitter

My perception of Texas is that, for whatever the reason, it's just as hard to win there as it has become for us lately.

With the exception of Mack Brown's glory years, the Longhorn program just isn't that good, but we could put the butts in the seats here for a game with them because people would want to see something different for a change.