Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Age of Gamecocks

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Winning an ACC football championship in 1969 and our basketball greatness during that era is cherished. 1984 football and for a few years after that, we applauded.
But, has there ever been a era to compare to this "New Age?"
Solid top ten football teams with soild recruiting...
Perennial favorites in Super Regionals and World Series caliber baseball teams (2 championships)...
Lady Gamecock basketball reaching new heights with solid recruiting...
Equestrian team!!!...
I'm sure there are more sports that I'm unaware of that are doing well...

PS - hopefully men's basketball and golf teams start surging forward

I have very little memory of Gamecock sports before 2000.  Nor do I want to remember.

There are several teams still struggling right now....men's soccer and women's volleyball come to mind.....but I wouldn't trade today for yesterday at ALL!

If Carolina was a winner when I was little, I might not have been a big fan.  I have always liked underdogs (maybe why I root for Wake Forest and Vandy) and always will.  Clemson beat us so bad in the early days it made me embrace the cause of the Gamecocks..