Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Asheville Pinball Museum

Blitzkrieg

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash

In our wild and fun days when we were dating and had no kids Mrs B and I enjoyed playing pinball. This trip has been on our to do list and we finally got around to going. They have 70 vintage pinball machines and arcade machines. The price of admission is 15 bucks each (13 for veterans and over 65) and you play as much as you want.

They will only allow a maximum of 65 people in at a time. They opened at 2 pm today and closed at 9. We were the first people in line and we had a blast. I must have played 30 - 40 games and Mrs B played 25 - 30.

They also sell beer and have cup holders attached on all of the machines. We were there 3 hours and left at 5. I could have stayed until closing but Mrs B's back started hurting. Anyway it's an easy day trip from Columbia and a great bargain for your money. When we left there was maybe 25 people there.

That looks pretty cool.

All that's missing is the occasional pool tournament and a place to park your Camaro or Chevelle on Saturday nights.

agreed...we have a few retro arcades up here and they are tons of fun...most sell beer and drinks/snacks...I love reliving my childhood through the games...I can't believe I used to be good at mortal kombat lol....the nicest one funs a bunch of tournaments and it is fun to compete! A buddy and I got to the quarterfinals in NBA Jam and that was our best ever outcome

You know you're getting old when there's stuff you grew up on showing up in museums. :)
exactly...nothing like listening to the "oldies" station and it is the music you listened to growing up

exactly...nothing like listening to the "oldies" station and it is the music you listened to growing up

Or the Classic Rock station playing all the 90's bands.

And that the 1991 release of Nirvana's Nevermind album is closer in years to the Beatles prefromance on the Ed Sullivan show, than today.

Depends on which "oldies". Some of today's "oldies" came out long after I was grown. 😳 🧓

Reactions: STS

And that the 1991 release of Nirvana's Nevermind album is closer in years to the Beatles prefromance on the Ed Sullivan show, than today.
wow! That was the first CD I ever bought...I was in the ninth grade!

Found this video when I Googled nirvana pinball. I think the site is out West. Epic Major Havoc off the video capture on the guy's PC.

View: https://youtu.be/EPaMKL4XGlQ

Also this forum.

Great word combination, SA.

Last edited: