Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good, the bad, and the ugly as the Gamecocks fall to Arkansas

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
The good, the bad, and the ugly as the Gamecocks fall to Arkansas
Sept. 10, 2022

South Carolina struggled throughout its 44-30 loss to No. 16 Arkansas, but yes there were some positives from the game. One was the team never gave up and did have a short brief comeback rally in the 3rd quarter.

Here’s what was good, bad, and ugly for the Gamecocks Saturday:

Every possession matters in a game like this one and we made too many mistakes.

Rattler's end zone pick, the bad snap on the first PAT, Marshawn's fumble, 3 chances at an onside kick and we kick it directly to the one guy who has a clear shot at the end zone.

Continue to learn and improve through the UGA game, whack Charlotte and SC State while substituting and building depth, then try to beat the Aggies for the first dang time.

We had some moments but Arkansas beat us up front on both offense and defense. I think we'll get better as the season progresses. We've got Georgia, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Clemson left to play. We have to somehow upset one or two of those teams and take care of SC State, Charlotte, Missouri and Vandy to duplicate last year. Can we do that? I think some how some way we can.

still feel we will go bowling after the loss Saturday. Gamecocks did not lose to an inferior team. I will say this we are not a physically minded team on offense at this point will have to rely on the passing game and that lies in Rattler's hand. empty backfield. Really not a fan of a spread-type offense but we are not physically minded and that leads to the question can the defense maintain a level hard nosed defense going against in practice a spread-type offensive? We shell see.